New Insurance. But I have my foot in the door. What do I do?

Long time lurker-first time poster.

I just passed my health and life and reside in Southern California. I work as an Enrolled Agent for a financial advisor. I prepare taxes for his clients and deal with any IRS or state notices that they might have. Our office primarily deals with soon-to-be retirees and retirees. The business consists of getting retirement plans rolled over to us, whole life, annuities, and investing in REITs. We market mainly to individuals of means.

I would like to contribute to this office and help it expand by bringing on some low-hanging fruit (term, Medicare supplements, disability insurance, and anything else I don’t know about). Given that both advisors are consistently busy and can’t really mentor, what would you guys recommend that I starting doing?

Sell online? Door-to-door?

I’m lost.

If you want to work with your firm's existing clients, learn more products and how they fit their overall situation.

If you want to expand your firm's clientele, learn about other profiles, their problems, and how you can use various products & strategies to help them solve problems.

If you want to work with your firm's existing clients, learn more products and how they fit their overall situation.

If you want to expand your firm's clientele, learn about other profiles, their problems, and how you can use various products & strategies to help them solve problems.

DHK, you’re video was very helpful when I first saw it. I see myself in the Baltic/Mediterranean & railroads. I feel it’s something that I can do outside of tax season and build. Regarding profiles, I really want to tap into the young professional market. I’m in my early 30’s and honestly see value in term/disability for people who just started a family, maybe purchased a condo/house.

And as a side note, DHK, your reading suggestions are eye opening. You and the other Gurus are an asset to these forums.

If you see yourself working with young professionals, I would look at the Insurance Pro Shop's Found Money Management system for the tools you'd need.

The Main Key To Closing More & Larger Life Insurance Sales!

You'll also want their Advanced Fact-Finding DVDs or be a member of their online training site for $30/month. Without them, you only have half of a system.

If you need training on how to get referrals, I recommend Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals course for $37:

Products

I have some material on lead generation that I would be willing to share. Send me a message.

The most successful life insurance agents cold door knock.

I'm just kidding. I'm spamming right now.

Long time lurker-first time poster.

I just passed my health and life and reside in Southern California. I work as an Enrolled Agent for a financial advisor. I prepare taxes for his clients and deal with any IRS or state notices that they might have. Our office primarily deals with soon-to-be retirees and retirees. The business consists of getting retirement plans rolled over to us, whole life, annuities, and investing in REITs. We market mainly to individuals of means.

I would like to contribute to this office and help it expand by bringing on some low-hanging fruit (term, Medicare supplements, disability insurance, and anything else I don’t know about). Given that both advisors are consistently busy and can’t really mentor, what would you guys recommend that I starting doing?

Sell online? Door-to-door?

I’m lost.
Door to door is the best way to get started. Get a survey card with a list of items that customers might need. Life Health College Planning, Retirement Planning Final Expense, etc...

Back