New Insurance Sales Agent

Insurancelady5

I am a newly licensed P&C sales agent and also recently just obtained my 215 license Life, Health, Variable Annuities. I am finding extremely difficult to figure out what direction to take. I have always been pretty successful in sales and wanted to try the insurance aspect of sales. I have had interviews with 3 companies and so far the pay is really low and the bonus structure are low. I worked for Direct auto making $12hr plus 1% on each policy including life.

I keep hearing the same story from every company that I won't be able to make much being that I am a new sales agent. It is very hard work and you have to build a book of business which I totally understand. I don't know if it would be better to just make straight commission or just make an hourly wage? I was offered a a position as a sales agent making 50% on each policy and as a independent sales agent I don't know if this would be a bad idea or should I pursue other opportunities? The problem I am having is I am a new sales agent and I totally get that I need to work my way up but living in poverty is a bit much. I sure could use some guidance!!!

For life, do some research on IMO or FMO. For P&C get in with a cluster, franchise or an aggregator. Stick with being an independent, non captive agent.

I am a newly licensed P&C sales agent and also recently just obtained my 215 license Life, Health, Variable Annuities. I am finding extremely difficult to figure out what direction to take. I have always been pretty successful in sales and wanted to try the insurance aspect of sales. I have had interviews with 3 companies and so far the pay is really low and the bonus structure are low. I worked for Direct auto making $12hr plus 1% on each policy including life.

I keep hearing the same story from every company that I won't be able to make much being that I am a new sales agent. It is very hard work and you have to build a book of business which I totally understand. I don't know if it would be better to just make straight commission or just make an hourly wage? I was offered a a position as a sales agent making 50% on each policy and as a independent sales agent I don't know if this would be a bad idea or should I pursue other opportunities? The problem I am having is I am a new sales agent and I totally get that I need to work my way up but living in poverty is a bit much. I sure could use some guidance!!!
50% of what? 10-15% commissions? You're going to starve!

You can make more generating leads by door knocking and selling them for $10-$15 a piece.

Or work out a deal with an independent broker to generate leads at a discount in exchange for training and help with getting contracts.

Look at payroll deduct life...ties in well with comm. p/c.... paychecks are larger...company support is good

Insurancelady5, I will be glad to give you some relative thoughts. I can be reached through my website.

i dont know but I am looking to sell MA this year and need a home.meassage me .I am in jacksonville florida

Back