New License for New York

Monty Khondokar

I got my driving license 4 months ago,i am 29 years old. I live in Queens,New York. Never had a vehicle and never been under my parents insurance policy. I have taken quote by phone from GEICO & Progressive. I choose only the liability(state minimum,basic one). Didn't choose comprehensive & collision coverage. I have tried with different vehicle like 2008 Toyota Camry,2014 Hyundai Sonata along with different addresses of Queens. Ensured my vehicle has safety locks included and I did defense driving course. Although by doing all this & tried with different combinations they said minimum monthly premium would be $370 and for 6 months it would be around $1800. Is there anything to do for lowering the insurance?

Move.

It is NYC, agents constantly complain about the insurance fraud going on there. It drives the rates sky high. And don't just lie about moving, companies are onto it. They could correct the premium, cancel the coverage and even go after you for fraud.

Move.

It is NYC, agents constantly complain about the insurance fraud going on there. It drives the rates sky high. And don't just lie about moving, companies are onto it. They could correct the premium, cancel the coverage and even go after you for fraud.

I love that "move"

I am three hours or so from the city and people try it all the time, they will use bogus address that they don't even know the person living there, PO boxes, relatives address you name it. This guy gave safeco a counterfeit lease on an apt in a building his uncle owns. Long story short this dumb *** spelled his uncles name wrong on the bogus lease and his uncle was insured with safeco so they knew that was a fake.

I love that "move"

I am three hours or so from the city and people try it all the time, they will use bogus address that they don't even know the person living there, PO boxes, relatives address you name it. This guy gave safeco a counterfeit lease on an apt in a building his uncle owns. Long story short this dumb *** spelled his uncles name wrong on the bogus lease and his uncle was insured with safeco so they knew that was a fake.

I could try to sugarcoat it, but it is what it is. NYC is rife with fraud and the companies are doing everything they can to prevent it.

Between insurance, parking and the car note, it has to be cheaper to just Uber everywhere.

Back