New License, New State, and New Job. HELP!!!

MJM1987

Expert
Hello, I am new to the forums, hopefully this is posted in the right section.

Basically,I have my LA&H License for the state of NY. I sold insurance in NY for 4 years. At one point I sold a life policy to someone out of state in CT. All I had to do was pay a fee to get the non-resident CT license. After that I submitted the business and earned a commission.

Here is my question...

I have recently moved to Florida and have accepted a new job selling health insurance in the Sunshine state. I am living at a friends and have no idea when I am considered a resident. Will I be able to sell insurance with a non-resident Florida license, in florida, by paying a fee with my NYS license. Or do i need a resident license since my new office/job is in florida? Also, regardless if i use a non-resident or resident license, does Florida reciprocate with NY or do i need to take the exam all over again?

Sorry if this is confusing.

I have recently moved to Florida

You are now a resident of Florida. Therefore, you need a Florida resident license.

Call the Florida department of insurance, determine requirements, and get going. You may need to complete some pre-licensing training and take a new exam because there may be differences in how Florida agents conduct business compared to New York and you really do need to know those things, if any.

Sorry if this is confusing.

You may be confusing yourself.

Back