New Life Agent Companies in Texas

Hello,

I've been a P & C agent for almost 20 years, and just recently was licensed for Life & Health. What companies may provide me a contract to sell for them and may offer some type of assistance or training for a new agent?

Hello,

I've been a P & C agent for almost 20 years, and just recently was licensed for Life & Health. What companies may provide me a contract to sell for them and may offer some type of assistance or training for a new agent?

I just sent you a PM.

Hello,

Hi, just wondering what direction you decided go, I'm a new agent in Texas trying to navigate the maze :)

I’m in Texas. What information are you looking for?
Thanks for the reply.
I am newly Health/Life licensed and I've researched and talked to so many people that I think I have information overload, which is not helping me make a decision.
I am interested in FE, Medicare Supplements and Cancer/Critical Illness, my background is in Healthcare.

I have looked at several companies: Assurance, Physician's Mutual, Amerilife, Platinum Supplemental, Healthcare Solutions Team, Family First Life...but I have found that those are not good options by what I have read on the forum.
I have thought about going the FMO/IMO route but I don't know enough about it, as far as the training offered it sounds great but most I found are not local or near enough to me (I'm in DFW.)
I have also looked into working with State Farm, Farmers and the like but...again, from what have heard and read, being Captive with them is not a good option.

I would like to find a way to work independently after initial training on the products etc.
I don't care to be micromanaged (who does?)
I'm open to working remotely, would prefer it actually but that may not be a possibility starting out am I correct in that?

I would appreciate any input, I feel like I'm over-thinking and overloading my brain with too many options, but I am just very cautious and afraid I will make a costly mistake.

Thanks very much!!

Thanks for the reply.
I am newly Health/Life licensed and I've researched and talked to so many people that I think I have information overload, which is not helping me make a decision.
I am interested in FE, Medicare Supplements and Cancer/Critical Illness, my background is in Healthcare.

I have looked at several companies: Assurance, Physician's Mutual, Amerilife, Platinum Supplemental, Healthcare Solutions Team, Family First Life...but I have found that those are not good options by what I have read on the forum.
I have thought about going the FMO/IMO route but I don't know enough about it, as far as the training offered it sounds great but most I found are not local or near enough to me (I'm in DFW.)
I have also looked into working with State Farm, Farmers and the like but...again, from what have heard and read, being Captive with them is not a good option.

I would like to find a way to work independently after initial training on the products etc.
I'm open to working remotely, would prefer it actually but that may not be a possibility starting out am I correct in that?

I would appreciate any input, I feel like I'm over-thinking and overloading my brain with too many options, but I am just very cautious and afraid I will make a costly mistake.

Thanks very much!!
If you're interested in FE, Medicare Supplements and Cancer/CI insurance(that's a good mix and easy to cross sell), you can't go wrong with Todd. He's a straight shooter with top contracts. You'll be Independent and he has knowledge and online training for FE, Life and Medicare Supplements. :yes:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/todd-king.3501/

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks very much!!

Find a Partner that can provide you with a plethora of fresh leads at no cost in exchange in reduced commission on the Life side -or- if you have $1000 a month to spend on fresh leads get with a Partner that can give you higher % contracts.

Both should provide training and support.

Hardest part is quit planning and getting started . . .

Back