New MC Procedure Price Lookup Tool

This made me laugh..."Alex wanted to come see you personally, but he just has so many people to see, so I am here in his place!! He asked me to do this because I too am a loyal fan, and if you do business with us, he may ask you to help me help others as well!!"

You laugh, but I use that line quite often.

Medicare.com for some reason and asked for me. Rep who answered said "he isn't at his desk right now, but I can help you get started."

Those eMedicare folks really know their stuff.

That's an interesting tool, thanks. I plugged in a few procedures to see how the tool works and it was surprising to me just how low some of the numbers were. I hope seniors don't use this and start to rethink their need for a supplement or MA.

I hope seniors don't use this and start to rethink their need for a supplement or MA.

Do what I do.

Tell them most large claims are Part B, outpatient. Unlike plans you had in the past there is NO OOP CAP.

With original Medicare only, you pay until you get well, run out of money, or die.

That brings them out of the fog and they start to listen.

Since one has to enter their zip code to get their local pricing for Medigap or MAPD, I am not sure how much relevance "national averages" have for a beneficiary. Also if one is making surgical treatment choices based on knowledge, skill and reputation of the surgeon, the control of where surgery takes place gets somewhat removed from the patient.

Back