New Medicare #

aheff

Guru
100+ Post Club
In the past, someone T65, 3 months prior able to tell her to go onto ssa.gov apply for A&B, a few days later able to submit MS app with Medicare # being SS#+T. No more. What is everybody doing in this situation? Waiting for a month until they get their new Medicare# to submit? Must be a way that I am missing to submit MS app sooner.

In the past, someone T65, 3 months prior able to tell her to go onto ssa.gov apply for A&B, a few days later able to submit MS app with Medicare # being SS#+T. No more. What is everybody doing in this situation? Waiting for a month until they get their new Medicare# to submit? Must be a way that I am missing to submit MS app sooner.

I just ran into that same situation. The MA plan kicked the app back and said they couldn't find them....

After someone enrolls online, how long does it take for that Welcome to Medicare Letter that shows Medicare Claim #? About 3 weeks? Any other thoughts?

I haven’t changed how I write them yet. If they don’t have their Medicare card I’ll use SSN and A or T. If that’s wrong the carrier can contact their policy holder and sort it out. I expect we’ll be getting guidance from carriers soon.

I haven’t changed how I write them yet. If they don’t have their Medicare card I’ll use SSN and A or T. If that’s wrong the carrier can contact their policy holder and sort it out. I expect we’ll be getting guidance from carriers soon.
I've also been told by a few carriers to just write "new", instead of guessing at the #. Then, like you say, the carrier will sort it out by sending the policyholder a form to fill out and send back in when they get their card.

Back