New member here, saying hello!

Proknowledge

Hello everybody,

I am a new member here introducing myself. I look forward to soaking up all the infromation that is out there before I jump into a new career. If it is the good, the bad... or the ugly, i'll see if I can get myself sorted out!

I currently am unemployed. I was a new and used car salesman for two years, and really I thought I would retire from that job. I really did enjoy it until the last 8 months or so in the industry. I wont get into why my heart is not in it anymore unless anybody really cares, I guess all in all, it turned out not to be what I wanted to do.

I enjoy people and sales as a whole, I also enjoy the potential to make serious income. At the moment I just do not know what industry I want to get into. I am willing to educate myself and get my foot in the door at the right place and for the right industry, so here I am. I guess you can tell by now that I am realativly young (if you were to compare me to the successful sales reps out there, as I am not yet a successful salesman) but I'll stop here and leave it at that. Pleasure to meet everybody!

First it was real estate agents, then mortgage brokers, and now car salesman gravitating to insurance. Could it have something to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, housing prices, and oil prices?!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!

HA! Thank you for the welcome. My decision mostly had to do with me not being decieving enough to be a car salesman ( and that is what my sales manager said it was). I did my job as far as me paying great attention to detail, product knowledge, doing my paper work correctly, and getting along with customers very well. He just said in his honest opinion I did not have a drop of deciet and was not decieving enough for that type of sales. I was a bit dissapointed. I hope not all sales require those personality traits...

Your henry Ford quote wins me over. Welcome a board, get it? a board

Welcome.

You can make a very good living in sales w/o ever deceiving a customer in any way, so get that out of your head now.

The qoute got me also. I have a 4 year old daughter, and that qoute takes up an entire wall of her bedroom. My wife thinks is drastic, I think it's perfect. Best of luck, and keep a chin up on this board, you can't always get context in type.;)

Back