New member researching a career/life change.

Hello to all. I just stumbled upon this forum today while researching a career change for my wife. I have been reading for about 30 minutes, and I have already learned more about this industry than in all my 40+ years of life.
As I said, I am doing career research. My wife has had many different jobs in her lifetime. She has worked in offices and also sales of various types among other things. She enjoys sales more than any other type of work; it just seems that she just never found her niche.
My wife is an incredible salesperson. In her current position, (banking) she was at the top of the state rankings in her first quarter of selling - then every quarter after that. She's kind of a machine like that. She is just not happy with her current position due to corporate issues. She is very self motivated and extremely driven. Every job she has, she excels.
Our concern is that she is middle-aged (low 50's - sorry dear!). She does not have 15 to 20 years to establish a book of business. However, we do not need to make a ton of money either. Our household income was about 75K last year. It would be nice to make a little more, but that is not essential. We are looking more for personal fulfillment here. She is very interested in insurance or a related field and I am interested in any advice other members can give.

Thank you for this great forum!

It has been suggested in the past that a "new" person simply spend some serious time on posts that have already been written. There is a lot of very good information already posted. Enjoy! And good luck to your wife.

Welcome, you found the right place! It is a hard biz to get started in though.

hey that travel agency site looks pretty cool, is it a decent opertunity? My wife is looking for something to do on the side...

Mac

This is an EXCELLENT forum. However my friend I will teach you something about life. You'll notice that you have what...4 responses?

Now, CaliChick (looking to move from the "entertainment business to insurance") has 17, or so....

Yes you can search the archives, but if you REALLY want to see guys on here answer your questions- change your name. Something like 22y/osinglegurl would elicit more responses I'm afraid!!!!

I would not worry so much about age then I would about knowledge.

If she knows her stuff, and is hard working, then she should have no trouble making it. It will take some time, but it is very possible.

If she is that worried about age, then go to the Medicare (senior) market. Then she will still be younger then 95% of all her clients.

Back