New NC p and c adjuster

LEVI MANNING

So I'm new to the insurance world, as in passed test today. I have been looking jobs for adjusters and don't seem to find alot in eastern nc. Anyone up here have any insight and advice on a new adjuster looking employment.

Sadly, most of adjusters jobs are obsolete due to phone/mobile apps/claims.

So I'm new to the insurance world, as in passed test today. I have been looking jobs for adjusters and don't seem to find alot in eastern nc. Anyone up here have any insight and advice on a new adjuster looking employment.

Depending on what type of "adjuster" position you're looking for, many carriers use traveling adjusters to take care of claims after storms, etc. They work you to death, seven days a week, 12+ hours a day, for months at a time. It can be grueling but lucrative and you can always step back for a couple of months to regroup when necessary.

If the above is something you would be interested in, visit some of your local P&C offices. Many know some catastrophe adjusters, from their own carrier. Ask if they could introduce you.

Have you checked ALL the carrier websites for job postings? Even if they don't have anything today, tomorrow may be another story.

If you're looking for auto claims adjusting positions, don't forget carriers like Progressive, etc. If you have any experience in motorcycles, for example, they use adjusters to visit m/c repair shops to estimate repairs.

Don't forget to check out job boards like Indeed, Monster, etc.

If you have a LinkedIn profile, let others know you are looking for the new opportunity. If you don't have LinkedIn, get it, load up connections, and tell them what you're looking for.

And, just a thought...I'm not sure your training would translate but maybe look into auto service writing positions.

Good luck in your new venture!

Try the national insurance companies one by one and see if any have training programs for beginners. You could also try the independent adjusting companies like Crawford, and public adjusters as well.

Back