New P&C IA MGA Trying to Avoid Cluster

christmasstorm

Hello everyone, new to the site and am loving it thus far. I have spent a lot of time doing searches here and ready the very informative responses. I am trying to avoid going with a cluster if at all possible because we have financial backing and support to get business but since we are a scratch agency, we can's seem to get appointed. I have been trying to find an MGA that caters to P&C but I am having trouble doing so. Can anyone give some suggestions or a short list I can work on? Thanks in advance!

If you use an MGA you will not have direct access to the carrier.

What does the office look like? and the Business plan?

You are getting in at a troubled time, my friend. A Cluster might be the only way right now.

Best advice if you don't want to use a cluster. Go get a retail location in a significant strip mall. Drop a bunch of money on the rent. Then go get a 10k sign that says your agencies name on it. Then call the reps and ask them to come chat with you. You have the capital. That's how you might get the yeses.

If you have a business plan that suggests you are not leading with the Auto and you are in a geo area that is not over saturated....

Last edited:
Hello everyone, new to the site and am loving it thus far. I have spent a lot of time doing searches here and ready the very informative responses. I am trying to avoid going with a cluster if at all possible because we have financial backing and support to get business but since we are a scratch agency, we can's seem to get appointed. I have been trying to find an MGA that caters to P&C but I am having trouble doing so. Can anyone give some suggestions or a short list I can work on? Thanks in advance!

Sure, give me a call, would be glad to help.

Back