New Position, Any Suggestions?

jarmour

Expert
Hi everybody, I'm new to the board but am planning on hanging around and gaining as much knowledge as possible from the people here. Seems like a good bunch of people from the threads I have read thus far.

I took a new full-time position about 4-5 months ago as a case manager at a life settlement brokerage. I have been moving up and learning quite a bit as I go along but am having trouble increasing my production. In fact, I really have yet to find any of my own agents or clients. I get paid on a commission basis and essentially have (2) options:

1) Contact life insurance agents, financial advisors, etc., who have clients who may want to sell a policy they already own or use their insurable capacity to sell a brand new policy.

2) Find my own clients

We have marketing material including postcards, brochures, a website etc., but it is seeming quite difficult to find any decent leads.

Any suggestions or know anyone who may be able to help? Let me know. Thanks and I look forward to posting more often.

Leads right now seem to be the worst I have seen. It may be damn economy. But the Fed's just cut rates, so maybe that will loosen up some change.

Life settlements create money for the client though. There is really no cost or risk for the client besides possibly taking a medical exam.

I'm starting to feel like this is something where it's more important to have connections to senior citizens with unneeded life insurance. Or simply senior citizens with high net worths...question is, how do I find them or the life insurance agents who already know them?

Most people that I have come across are being solicited by financial planners all day long who also happen to have their insurance licenses.

Banks have also started to get into the financial planning business.

Look for some Annuity producers...they are talking about wealth management all day long...

Jarmour:

I'm a life settlement broker also. If you are working for any decent firm, they should be giving you some warm leads. If you have to prospect completely on your own, check out designation websites. For example, go to the CSA homepage and you can pull up all the CSA's in your area. This way you already know that they deal with seniors. I'd suggest staying away from working with seniors directly. Its a waste of time in many different ways.

For example, go to the CSA homepage and you can pull up all the CSA's in your area. This way you already know that they deal with seniors.

Damn! What a great idea. I guess that's the real reason I got the CSA designation. So I could be spammed.

Please, add me to all your lists. I love unsolicited contacts.

Rick

That is most people's way of looking at it I suppose. I can't really say much beyond the fact that you would increase your annual income by a huge amount if you understood the concept and did even a few deals a year.

Back