New Quoting Website Launched - Advice/Feedback Wanted

AceQuotes

Expert
Note: Not sure why my original thread was deleted. Would love to get feedback on things, if I am breaking the rules in any way, I do apologize.

Hi Guys,

Just registered to these forums today and would love to get some help from some people here as these forums seem to be extremely informative. Before I continue, I would just like to say any information or help would be greatly and sincerely appreciated.

--

We recently put up our website (www.acequotes.com) and have been doing a lot of SEO on it. We have not received traffic; however, we do not expect to be Google ranked over night, so the hard work is something we will continue and move forward with.

I would love to get some feedback on the site and what improvements we can make. If you can please visit the site and let us know what you think. Suggestions towards content, visual aesthetics, or functionality would all help.

Again, thank you in advance!

Using Chrome:

1) The "E" of your "ACE" logo bleeds into the red menu.
2) Your logo should be pushed down a bit so the blue "quotes.com" is aligned just below the menu.
3) All content doesn't seems to be original - which is may neither be here nor there.

Using Chrome:

1) The "E" of your "ACE" logo bleeds into the red menu.
2) Your logo should be pushed down a bit so the blue "quotes.com" is aligned just below the menu.
3) All content doesn't seems to be original - which is may neither be here nor there.

The logo issues I am aware of and still have to fix, but thank you for pointing that out as well.

We actually hired a professional writer to do all of the content; by not original, do you mean that it was taken from other websites? If so, then I have to contact him and find out whats up.

Portions of your text seems to be from other sites:

The Plagiarism Checker - use this tool. Just paste in a few paragraphs at a time from different sections.

One sentence from your site:

"Younger individuals acquire better quotations and so hurry up and sign the right offer for your long term monetary status."

Found on these sites - and it's too "odd" of a sentence.

Life « Life Insurance Resource

Etc...

And while sentences like that "could" be fine for SEO, they are physically painful for potential clients to read.

Last edited:
Portions of your text seems to be from other sites:

The Plagiarism Checker - use this tool. Just paste in a few paragraphs at a time from different sections.

One sentence from your site:

"Younger individuals acquire better quotations and so hurry up and sign the right offer for your long term monetary status."

Found on these sites - and it's too "odd" of a sentence.

Life « Life Insurance Resource

Etc...

And while sentences like that "could" be fine for SEO, they are physically painful for potential clients to read.

I appreciate the help greatly. I'll go ahead and look into this. Thank you so much for the help. Very disappointed that we weren't able to pin point this issue before paying the guy >(

Apparently yet another victim of "SEO in a can - just apply to website generously and watch the leads grow."

The SEO we've been doing ourselves, but I am not too experienced in the insurance field. I'm a CS major and work under a web design/development firm but none of us had any experience with life insurance, thus, we were not qualified to write the content. We didn't check for plagiarism as we were assured that the source was credible; a rookie but silly mistake.

The SEO we've been doing ourselves, but I am not too experienced in the insurance field. I'm a CS major and work under a web design/development firm but none of us had any experience with life insurance, thus, we were not qualified to write the content. We didn't check for plagiarism as we were assured that the source was credible; a rookie but silly mistake.

Write for your audience. When it's "mumbo jumbo" it's not reader friendly.

Are you trying to go for national 1st page placement for "life insurance quotes" or other relevant keywords?

And I've put enough paragraphs from your site into the plagiarism checker to determine that a good portion of your content was ripped from other sites.

Write for your audience. When it's "mumbo jumbo" it's not reader friendly.

Are you trying to go for national 1st page placement for "life insurance quotes" or other relevant keywords?

We've been focusing on a handful of them:

best term life insurance rates
best term life insurance
compare life insurance rates
free term life insurance quotes
no exam term life

If you check on a couple of Google rank tools (like SEO centro), we are actually ranked at a decent position; however, when you actually search the term, its no where to be found.

Edit: Yes, I've been putting in the paragraphs as well and have noticed quite a bit of them from other sites. Pretty disappointing, but we'll just get back on it and get some new content up ASAP.

We've been focusing on a handful of them:

best term life insurance rates
best term life insurance
compare life insurance rates
free term life insurance quotes
no exam term life

If you check on a couple of Google rank tools (like SEO centro), we are actually ranked at a decent position; however, when you actually search the term, its no where to be found.

I'm not an SEO expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I hear the words "we're ranking for this and that" thrown out all the time.

It's meaningless.

How many leads are you getting and how are they converting. I know agent friend of mine who are on first page Google for certain terms, get 5 to 8 leads per month and convert zero. Who cares.

It's worthwhile to hire an actual expert to research those keywords you listed, determine your level of competition and whether or not it's even worth putting effort into them.

Back