New Resident; Incorrect Address; Door Knocking

What do you say if the person on the lead form no longer lives at that address? It’s a new resident and so what’s a good way to say ask Notthem about their current mortgage protection and set an appointment with them?

Oh ok.

I figured there’s a script for phone and door knocking (if it’s the right person) there would be some General outline of what to say when door knocking and the wrong person answers.

I really don’t know what to say except leave a brochure and tell them to call me but of course the likelihood of them calling is slim.

I don’t know what angle to approach it from?

I don’t know if it’s a waste of my time to talk to random home owner about something they might not know anything about, didn’t ask for, etc vs just moving on to the next prospects door

I don’t know where to start.

Oh ok.

I figured there’s a script for phone and door knocking (if it’s the right person) there would be some General outline of what to say when door knocking and the wrong person answers.

I really don’t know what to say except leave a brochure and tell them to call me but of course the likelihood of them calling is slim.

I don’t know what angle to approach it from?

I don’t know if it’s a waste of my time to talk to random home owner about something they might not know anything about, didn’t ask for, etc vs just moving on to the next prospects door

I don’t know where to start.
Anything to get the conversation started. I tend to be direct in that sort of situation. " I apologize for bothering you but while I have you at the door, if you don't mind, where do you have your mortgage protection?"

Don't leave a brochure, try for a interview on the spot or if that is not possible, set an appointment for the next day or two.. With simple, one need products such as MP or FE that should be a one interview close always try to make a presentation :now:..

That sounds perfect because since it’s not a yes/no question.

I made the mistake of asking the first question that came to my head cause I couldn’t think of anything else and the new home owner was like yes - I already have mp (which I don’t think was the honest answer they were probably trying to rush me off)

Anyhow that question is better.

That sounds perfect because since it’s not a yes/no question.

I made the mistake of asking the first question that came to my head cause I couldn’t think of anything else and the new home owner was like yes - I already have mp (which I don’t think was the honest answer they were probably trying to rush me off)

Anyhow that question is better.
Always try to refrain from asking questions where the answer is yes/no unless you have reasonable certainty that the answer will be what you want to hear. For example when approaching people about cancer insurance, I will ask, "Do you know anyone who ever had cancer?" …. I have never had anyone answer "no" to that question. The next question, "Did they plan on having it" will either draw a "no" response or "what do you mean" which is even better because that invites conversation and that is your goal. Some think making a sale is the goal and it is true that is the long range goal but the immediate goal is to get the prospect involved in a conversation that you try to guide to resulting in sitting down for an interview.

Back