New sets of LTCI data reveal continued resistance to perceived expense

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Brian Anderson submitted a new article

New sets of LTCI data reveal continued resistance to perceived expense
bigstock-Long-Term-Care-Concept-52685611.jpg

As another LTC Awareness Month is in the books, recent statistics show Americans remain most spooked by the expense of obtaining coverage.
Continue reading the Original Article.

Brian,
Have you ever heard of LTC Partnership policies?
They are very affordable and perfect for those with less than one million in net worth.

sao

Better yet Scott, just target the $2 million - $5 million net worth households.

There are a lot more households with net worth under $1M. And they are the ones who can get the most benefit from LTCi, especially LTC Partnership policies.

There are a lot more households with net worth under $1M. And they are the ones who can get the most benefit from LTCi, especially LTC Partnership policies.

Families with $2-5 million want to avoid burdening children and family just as much as the people that have no money. They derive just as much benefit as the households with modest assets. Work with the families that have the money.

Families with $2-5 million want to avoid burdening children and family just as much as the people that have no money. They derive just as much benefit as the households with modest assets. Work with the families that have the money.

I guess if I was focused on selling over-priced single premium products then I'd look for clients over 2M in net worth.

I guess if I was focused on selling over-priced single premium products then I'd look for clients over 2M in net worth.

Actuaries set the pricing for both traditional and linked benefit policies. An actuary isn’t underpricing one product while overpricing the other. No reason to have a bias towards or against either planning option.

$2 Million ++ in net worth will buy traditional LTC policies all day long too, Scott.

As the article that Brian posted clearly states, per the CNBC report the sweet spot for LTCi planning is between $2-$3 million. I definitely see the same numbers as CNBC in my practice.

Last edited:
I think Partnership policies are great. However I know of one state that needs to make changes and act much faster.

Actuaries set the pricing for both traditional and linked benefit policies. An actuary isn’t underpricing one product while overpricing the other.

Wow, Jack! Usually you're a straight shooter. It's rare to read something you've written that is so full of b.s.

The profit margins in the hybrid products are HUGE.... 3x or 4x the profit margins of traditional LTCi. Why do you think the industry is pushing hybrids: MORE profits. The insurance industry is not pushing hybrids because the hybrids are a better value for consumers.

Wow, Jack! Usually you're a straight shooter. It's rare to read something you've written that is so full of b.s.

The profit margins in the hybrid products are HUGE.... 3x or 4x the profit margins of traditional LTCi. Why do you think the industry is pushing hybrids: MORE profits. The insurance industry is not pushing hybrids because the hybrids are a better value for consumers.

Riddle me this, Scott. If the profit margins of hybrids are “HUGE” then why did Lincoln and Pacific Life and OneAmerica all see the need to re-price their products higher in the past year? If the profit margins are HUGE then why doesn’t another underwriter file for a product 25% less expensive than Lincoln, Minnesota, Pacific, Nationwide, and OneAmerica and just capture the entire market share of a fast growing space?

Back