New Start Up - Questions

Goot

Expert
I'm a new agent and will be selling auto, home, life products. I was hoping someone could give me a range on what I can expect to earn as a brand new independant agent in each line I will be selling.

Auto ?
Home ?
Life ?

I'm a new agent and will be selling auto, home, life products. I was hoping someone could give me a range on what I can expect to earn as a brand new independant agent in each line I will be selling.

Auto ?
Home ?
Life ?

No one can answer this question because there are so many variables.

What carriers are you offering?
Are you on your own or working for another agent?
What was your background prior to getting into insurance?

No one can answer this question because there are so many variables.

What carriers are you offering?
Are you on your own or working for another agent?
What was your background prior to getting into insurance?

Also where are you located ?

A typical producer should expect to bring in at least 20 K in premium each month. The depends on your location.

Auto ?
Home ?
Life ?

An average agent should do about 40,000 a month in premium for home and auto. A good agent should do 80,000 to 100,000 in south Florida. Good luck.

Good info, thank you! What does a carrier payout on these lines usually. Ballpark figures are ok. I know they can fluctuate, so I'm just looking for a rough idea on how much I would earn with that type of written premium.

Auto?
Home?
Life?

Back