New TCPA Rules for Oct 16 2013 Telemarketing

Hey Folks,

Since this starts tomorrow.... Please be up do date & comply with the rules. If you are interested in a bit more than is posted above, here is a link to a post I made today on my website: TCPA & Contacting Your Next Lead....

We have spent hours & hours on this with our attorneys & other professionals. I really don't want to see anyone caught by a plaintiff's attorney by not knowing what they can/cannot do starting tomorrow.

I suppose the Skype click to call would be considered an auto dialer too? This is so anti technology and stupid..... but :swoon:It will be great for the direct mail industry ...

So this is just concerning calling off lists and not internet leads who have agreed to be contacted by an agent for a quote correct?

That's a great question. You are incorrect, if you are calling someone's cell phone number, unless they specifically opted-in to being called using an automated dialing solution, you're not in compliance with the law and liable for a fine as well as a right to private action which means the person can sue you directly without proving damages and is entitled to $500.

To put it another way, unless the person requesting a quote also specifically and explicitly gave permission to be contacted using an automated dialing solution, even click to dial, you are not permitted to do it.

Back