New TCPA Rules for Oct 16 2013 Telemarketing

So this is just concerning calling off lists and not internet leads who have agreed to be contacted by an agent for a quote correct?

Josh would be the expert on calling bought lists....

But on Internet leads, Please check with who you buy your leads from. All HometownQuotes.com leads as of tomorrow will be TCPA compliant. We will not sell non-TCPA compliant leads as of tomorrow. I cannot speak of other companies internet leads but to my knowledge, many are doing the same thing Hometown Quotes is doing.

----------

Please, do NOT scrub any leads from HTQ starting today! We will only be selling TCPA compliant leads & if you use a tool like this, you will be wasting your money and we will not be issuing credit since we have the e-sig on our leads from the consumer giving you permission to call.

If you want to use a service like this on existing leads in your CRM then that is fine. Also, I'd not scrub ALL leads at once in your system. Only leads that you can work in a reasonable time frame. Many folks today are porting landline phone #'s to their Cell phones & thus you might not be in compliance in a few weeks/months if you bulk scrub all your leads at one time.

We've learned that a large enough % of all phone numbers on our leads are cell phone #'s so we are requiring all consumers to opt in or we throw away the lead.....we don't believe it is worth it to mess with the non-TCPA leads & compliance holes/issues that might happen.

Well, this will be my 3rd post in a row on this thread....:swoon:

Maybe it is a non-issue for many of you now? If not, I think the following will be of interest to many of you that use or want to use, an auto-dialer.

Today,I found a really Good solution!
From one of the CRM tools that many of our agents use: DYL = Dial Your Leads
They are the First to my knowledge that is using technology to come up with an excellent solution. I know many of our agents use them. I just learned about this today from an agent. I called & they sent me the following: [888.310.4474 ext 2 if you are interested in more information]

On October 16th, 2013 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is introducing a new Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) regulation that specifically states: "any outbound call made to cell phone numbers using an automated dialing system needs to have prior written consent from the consumer."

DYL's first major update includes built-in Wireless Telephone Number Scrubbing to ensure telemarketing compliance. This update allows you to view, scrub, mark, and disable all wireless phone numbers from ever being dialed through a campaign. With this update DYL is fully compliant with all TCPA regulations. You're also protected under "safe harbor provisions" if you scrub your campaign for wireless numbers every fifteen days.

If you are using DYL for your Internet leads, be aware that Internet lead dialing is not affected by the new TCPA regulations. Consumers submitting real-time quote requests are explicitly asking for a call and providing express written consent by submitting their inquiry.

FYI: As of October 15th. All leads bought from HometownQuotes are TCPA compliant. Meaning the consumer "e-signed" permission to be called by an automatic dialer.

Back