New Texas Annuity Certification

Just a friendly update on some new law changes

Initial Annuity Certification
4 hrs - All new TX resident licensees who become licensed on or after 4/1/2010, must complete 4 hrs of approved annuity training prior to offering, soliciting or selling an annuity to a Texas resident. All TX resident licensees who were actively licensed before 4/1/210, may continue offering, soliciting or selling annuities to TX residents until the next license expiration; however, the 4 hr initial annuity certification training must be completed before the expiration date in order to continue selling annuities.

Annual Annuity CE Requirement
4 hrs - All TX licensees who offer, solicit or sell annuities must complete 4 hrs of Annuity continuing education annually based upon the license renewal period. The first CE requirement should be scheduled to coincide with the expiration date of the licensee''s license.

If you are located in Texas and would like more information or would like to view our course schedule please visit AD Bankers website.

Great... Before you know it, we will have to take Annuity Classes in each state we do business in. CA and TX as of now.

Stupid question from a newbie...

Does the CE have to be taken IN the state? So California CE has been be taken in CA?

I personally don't have a problem with these except for the wasted 20 minutes or so but so far I need to do 1 for LTC soon it will be one for Annuities I'm sure, I wonder when we need to do one for Life & Health what exactly is the license good for without biannually doing specific CE for them beside the normal ce credits.

Back