New to Benefits -Work for Aflac or Colonial?

gbr191976

I am a veteran insurance sales manager who has created several books of business in the P&C world and some life & Health insurance experience. However I am being offered two positions, one with AFLAC as a District sales coordinator and another with Colonial As the District General agent
any advice from those of you that know this industry which one would be the way to go?
I'm currently leaning towards colonial.

Any and all feedback is appreciated ;)

I'm not sure where you live, but where I live, AFLAC is pretty well penetrated most of the groups I work with and Colonial is no where in sight.

If I was looking to choose between the two, I'd be stuck competing against AFLAC if I chose AFLAC. So here, I'd choose Colonial so I'd have more opportunities out of the gate.

That would be a factor I'd look at.

To find out that market, check with some public record type groups like cities, counties and schools and do a little research.

You can make public records request of those groups. It's really as simple as phone call to ask if they have AFLAC or Colonial as an option for their employees.

It could be both or neither. But more than likely, it's one of them. That will give you more insight on who might be more dominant in the area.

Ask the people hiring you how open the market is. They'll know.

I'm a worksite agent myself by the way.

Good luck!
Michael

I am a veteran insurance sales manager who has created several books of business in the P&C world and some life & Health insurance experience. However I am being offered two positions, one with AFLAC as a District sales coordinator and another with Colonial As the District General agent
any advice from those of you that know this industry which one would be the way to go?
I'm currently leaning towards colonial.

Any and all feedback is appreciated ;)

Is a decent portion of your client base is commercial? Is this the group you are planning on being your main focus going forward? If so, I have an option that you may like to consider. PM me if interested.

Thank you Michael for your reply, it did confirm a valid point I was already concerned about. and you are correct AFLAC is everywhere here.
Thanks again for the information you provided !

Back