New to biz and senior market

I am new in the biz. I am looking to do biz in ga,sc,and nc. I live in ga but have tons of family and friends in sc and nc who need and want help.I am thinking of working with a insurance agency who does ma's for wellcare, conventry and care improvement. Does anyone know if these are good companies? Is there some other companies I should look into? Is MA's the way to go? Other Products? Where do I start? Is senior centers a good idea? I know this is alot of questions but I thought who else is better to ask than the people with experiance. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks Christy

Chris,
Go direct to the companies and find out if they have a broker referal program in that area, You mentioned a few Ma co's they were ok , you need to see how many doc's and hospitials are in the plan in the area you will be selling. Go to the medicare . gov web site and look up all the plans in the areas you want to work. Go direct to the companies and be come an independant agent or refering broker.
Regards,
Steve B

Chris, download the 2007 Medicare landscape for Medicare Advantage, locate the area you expect to be active, and contract with the appropriated companies. Learn your Medicare and You book inside out and backwards and forwards, learn terminology, learn to be patient, and not get in a hurry with Seniors, treat them with respect and you can make a very nice living and help people, too. I would attach the 2007 landscape if I only knew how, but here is the link for Georgia. http://www.medicare.gov/medicarereform/mapdpdocs2007/MAPDLandscapeGA07.pdf

A refering broker program is where the MA company will pay an agent for refering leads to thier office, the fee is somewhere between $250.00 $ $600.00 depending on the company. Has to stay in place for 90 day's or you'll be charged back. It's been good to me !
Regards
Steve B

This sounds great for a newbie like me that is interested in MA. I don't want to get both a senior and me in hot water by making a rookie mistake and erroneously sending them down a road that worsens their position. Can anyone provide some specifics as to which companies are offering this, especially if Evercare is included and who\how to contact them for this? I'm in California if that's relevant.

A refering broker program is where the MA company will pay an agent for refering leads to thier office, the fee is somewhere between $250.00 $ $600.00 depending on the company. Has to stay in place for 90 day's or you'll be charged back. It's been good to me !
Regards
Steve B

Back