New to Forum

IFS_Edge

Expert
Texas
Hello, all.
I am new to the forum and received a prompt to introduce myself.
I have been in the insurance industry since March of 2002. I was a sales manager of four locations for a Fortune 500 Company and recently sold MA and Med Supps for Sterling Life (captivity sucks). Since March, I have basically been working for myself. My sales partner and I opened our own agency "Integrity Funeral Services" and are currently working with 14 funeral homes with the potential to work with 11 more in an immediate 2 hour radius. These are all independents and ACTUALLY APPRECIATE sales people. Amazing.
Anyway, this is just a shout out because we are all (my sales agents and I) going to be signing on with MA/PFFSs soon. I am mostly curious about ensuring that we do not wait too long on our certifications and miss the opportunity to sell during the enrollment period.
I am in West Texas and New Mexico. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Laura Edge

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I use to work for Sterling Life also, until the quit selling in June and had no contigency plan here in Illinois.

Funeral home business sounds interesting.

Best of Luck

Funeral business is incredibly interesting, that is why I have been with it for so many years (12), but only selling since 1992. AND I make anywhere from $800 to $1800 per sale, normally. If they are not too sickly or old. (Can you put what commissions are on this site? I think you can, I saw where someone else is getting $500 per UHC MA and I am only getting $400, stink).
If anyone is interested, I can hook you up with the guys who are over a couple of the larger funeral pre-arrangement underwriters. If you contact them directly, it will be better for you than if I contact them (commission and overrides-wise).
Thanks for the welcome!
Laura

I'm new to the board also and may as well take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I just started working in the life settlement industry. I work for a brokerage named Omni Group Partners, Ltd. Most of what we do is life settlement related but we also are part of a full service MGA so we can do literally everything regarding life insurance. I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from the information and people on the forum.

Jay

Back