New to Individual Health, What Are Best States

We are new to individual health coming from the MA market. We are currently licensed in NC and appointed with Assurant, World, Aetna, UHC, and Humana.

If we wanted to get non resident licenses in 5 states, what ones would the experienced folks on the board recommend with these carriers?

Thanks!

We are new to individual health coming from the MA market. We are currently licensed in NC and appointed with Assurant, World, Aetna, UHC, and Humana.

If we wanted to get non resident licenses in 5 states, what ones would the experienced folks on the board recommend with these carriers?

Thanks!
If you are licensed through an FMO, ask them. Otherwise, you might want to call a couple of the carriers you like and ask their RSM for advice.

And stay the hell out of California!:biggrin:

Rick

I hope you'll choose to come into Florida, cuz I'll eat your lunch!

Out of state call centers/agents are at a huge disadvantage. Have you got the lay of the land? Can you relate to the residents? It's a full time job for me to keep up on Florida health insurance, never mind any other state. Granted, Florida is a much bigger state than either of the Carolinas, but if you're a neophyte, here's a tip:

Get good on North Carolina. Then get good on South Carolina.

Then think about some other states.

I hope you'll choose to come into Florida, cuz I'll eat your lunch!
Maybe we could do lunch instead of you eating mine. With a screen name like Moonlight and Margaritas how about Bahama Breeze for a Bahamarita?

It's a full time job for me to keep up on Florida health insurance, never mind any other state. Granted, Florida is a much bigger state than either of the Carolinas, but if you're a neophyte, here's a tip:

Get good on North Carolina. Then get good on South Carolina.

Then think about some other states.
I thought this might be the answer. How hard will it be to get enough leads to stay busy 8 to 10 hours a day in just one state?

Maybe we could do lunch instead of you eating mine. With a screen name like Moonlight and Margaritas how about Bahama Breeze for a Bahamarita?

About ten minutes from me:

Bahama Breeze - Restaurant Location Information

I thought this might be the answer. How hard will it be to get enough leads to stay busy 8 to 10 hours a day in just one state?
Not sure about South Carolina, but in a growth state like North Carolina, I wouldn't guess it would be a problem?

See, I already have a lay of the land in your market!

Thanks for the help!

I spent about a year, 3 nights a week, playing guitar and singing at the local Bahama Breeze. I had fun doing it but after a year I was a little tired of the food.

I'll concentrate on NC and SC as you suggested.

Thanks!

Mike

How hard will it be to get enough leads to stay busy 8 to 10 hours a day in just one state?

Define busy.

With some vendors, like No-Prospect Zone or NotQuote, you can get all you want if busy is your goal.

Georgia is a horrible state. No one here ever buys.

Back