New to industry..help

Currie

Hello everyone
I am preparing to take state exam and new to insurance industry as a independent. I am considering using smart choice and would like to have better understanding on how a company like this to works. Also commissions splits etc. And if there are better companies here in NC.

Thanks in advance for all responses

My suggestion would be to try out the search function on the website. This topic has been discussed a lot over the years. Just search Smart Choice

There are a lot of organizations like this to help new agents, they are all a little different.
Maybe someone can chime in for NC.

Hello everyone
I am preparing to take state exam and new to insurance industry as a independent. I am considering using smart choice and would like to have better understanding on how a company like this to works. Also commissions splits etc. And if there are better companies here in NC.

There are a lot of people on here that will give you genuine, honest advice to try to help you. Personally, I am in Ca and have no knowledge of Smart Choice or NC in general.

Like anywhere, though, you will find people that may try to take advantage of you as well. They often have "special advice" "just for you" that that want to discuss offline or don't want to share with the forum. Sometimes there is a good reason why, but sometimes it's because they are baiting you with something fishy.

Hi Currie, create a list of questions then I recommend calling Smart Choice and see if someone there can help answer all your questions. You may be able to find some of the answers on their website. Find Google reviews on the company and read what other agents are saying about the company. You may also want to consider calling other cluster companies and doing a comparison of what each company has to offer. Before you sign any contract make sure you have it reviewed by an attorney. Good luck!

I don’t know much as I just opened my agency in February. I am a beginner and my book is only at roughly 40k but I have three direct appointments and I will get my fourth in the coming weeks. All you have to do is pound the phones your looking for the inside sales rep Dairyland and Foremost (Bristol West) are easy Progressive is not very difficult and infinity I’m working on now. If you need any help feel free to message me privately and I’ll give you my number

Hello everyone

What lines of insurance?

Latest posts

Back