New to Insurance, Second Career, Need Advice

rinsig01

Hello everybody,

I don't want to bore anybody but I just need some advice on my new career. In a quick summery about my past, I got a BA in Marketing when I was 23, worked 15 years in computer export sales, 2008 hit, hung in there for a while & in 2014 decided to go for my 220 license. I'm a proud married father of 3 children & I'm knocking on the door to enter my 40's.

I'm not doing computer sales anymore but I am working in a Insurance office which specializes in transportation (trucking & commercial) insurance. Though they do other insurance except health & life insurance, it's a very small office so everyone is on their own & the back up is not quite there. I did begin to target Garage Liability to get my feet wet into the business but, after 6 months of doing so, I know the commercial & residential property is what I like best. I do real estate on the side, flips, sales, know RE brokers, associations, etc.., I feel that my insurance inclinations should lean more to this sector of insurance.

I failed to say that I'm located in South Florida area which is typically an excellent market. I would like to get more knowledge in the commercial property & GL. If anyone has any suggestions (you tube videos, chat rooms, focus groups, classrooms settings, etc...) I'm more of a visual person & doing on line course for my 200 hours gets to be a bit of a drag & sort of hard to mentally record. Well, I wish everybody well & thank you very for any posts you write for me. Thanks & take care, back to my hours now.......

There are several good online courses to take.

You should be killing P AND C add general lines and your set. You just need some guidance and experience like us newbys. Find a good mentor.

Back