New to Insurance:selling Medicare in Ohio, Want to Branch Out: Life or Annuities??

insuranceguy1357

Ohio
Hello everyone. I am new to selling Medicare and this board has been a great resource to me. Thought I should finally join and help add to the conversation.

I have a full time job that starts early and ends early. I got into selling Medicare products because I was looking for a new challenge and of course wanted to earn extra income. It has been a real blast meeting with Seniors and helping them find a plan. I am a captive agent with UHC (I know some people love UHC captive on here and some hate it, but it works for me because I already have a job and I can work the leads that are sent to me).

Things do slow down during SEP and I would like to branch out. Some agents I know also sell life. I haven't yet met any that sell annuities. I was wondering if there were life insurance or annuities companies that have something similar to the UHC ICA program? If so, which route would be recommended? I am leaning towards life but I have heard some good things about annuities residuals.

My full time job pays well, and like I said it leaves me with a large chunk of the day that I can work insurance. Again, I know some people do not like the ICA program, but I don't see any other way at the moment.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone. I am new to selling Medicare and this board has been a great resource to me. Thought I should finally join and help add to the conversation.

I have a full time job that starts early and ends early. I got into selling Medicare products because I was looking for a new challenge and of course wanted to earn extra income. It has been a real blast meeting with Seniors and helping them find a plan. I am a captive agent with UHC (I know some people love UHC captive on here and some hate it, but it works for me because I already have a job and I can work the leads that are sent to me).

Things do slow down during SEP and I would like to branch out. Some agents I know also sell life. I haven't yet met any that sell annuities. I was wondering if there were life insurance or annuities companies that have something similar to the UHC ICA program? If so, which route would be recommended? I am leaning towards life but I have heard some good things about annuities residuals.

My full time job pays well, and like I said it leaves me with a large chunk of the day that I can work insurance. Again, I know some people do not like the ICA program, but I don't see any other way at the moment.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the fourm. I have been doing marketing for financial planner including annuities for years. I would be happy to give you some insight into the annuity side if you think it might help.. NOT A PITCH. If I can help someone I would be happy to. There might be some things you can do with the business you have now and maybe do some cross selling but depends on the type of clients you have and work with. That being said there are some other things you need to know if your going to hit the annuities so your prepared. I can tell you annuities are BOOMING at this point. I can let you know what you need to look at in an FMO, what your looking at to do marketing, I can give you a few hints on what you can do to start to generate some business that wont kill you on the marketing end. It's a good business but you have to plan and going into it the right way or you just going to get frustrated. Way to much to write here, if you want to follow up with me you can PM or Email me with some contact info for you or some questions you might want to get answered. My Email is [email protected] or you can call me at 760 327 6510. My name is Perry and I am in Palm Springs Ca. I look forward to talking to you.

Welcome to the fourm. I have been doing marketing for financial planner including annuities for years. I would be happy to give you some insight into the annuity side if you think it might help.. NOT A PITCH. If I can help someone I would be happy to. There might be some things you can do with the business you have now and maybe do some cross selling but depends on the type of clients you have and work with. That being said there are some other things you need to know if your going to hit the annuities so your prepared. I can tell you annuities are BOOMING at this point. I can let you know what you need to look at in an FMO, what your looking at to do marketing, I can give you a few hints on what you can do to start to generate some business that wont kill you on the marketing end. It's a good business but you have to plan and going into it the right way or you just going to get frustrated. Way to much to write here, if you want to follow up with me you can PM or Email me with some contact info for you or some questions you might want to get answered. or you can call me at 760 327 6510. My name is Perry and I am in Palm Springs Ca. I look forward to talking to you.

Thanks for the info, I have tried to message you, but for some reason it says I have no posts and can't message yet. Is there a particular time of day that is best to call?

----------

I think your better off on the life side than the annuity side, but that is just my opinion. Always go with your personal strengths and ability.

Do life insurance companies have something similar to the ICA program? Someone told me that you can register with them, but then have to purchase leads.

Thanks for the info, I have tried to message you, but for some reason it says I have no posts and can't message yet. Is there a particular time of day that is best to call?

That's because all your posts have been in the introduction Forum...those don't count. Post in another Forum and your problem will be solved.

Back