New to Insurance, Tips?

Zhafer

Hey everyone, I juat started getting into insurance I am taking an online prep course and am almost through the first course and will be starting the PA specific course tonight.
Are there certain things that are heavily stressed on the licensing test? I want to make sure I nail it the first go around.
In addition, I have been in the automotive business doing quite well for three years now, insurance however seemed like it opened a lot more possibilities for growth and sales than cars hold. Do you have any tips for the best way to start out? I may be going to a nationwide agent for the starting position to learn the business first, any tips would be incredibly appreciated!

This type of question needs to be a permanent thread. We get it or something like it every few weeks.

Hey everyone, I juat started getting into insurance I am taking an online prep course and am almost through the first course and will be starting the PA specific course tonight.
Are there certain things that are heavily stressed on the licensing test? I want to make sure I nail it the first go around.
In addition, I have been in the automotive business doing quite well for three years now, insurance however seemed like it opened a lot more possibilities for growth and sales than cars hold. Do you have any tips for the best way to start out? I may be going to a nationwide agent for the starting position to learn the business first, any tips would be incredibly appreciated!

What area of PA are you located?

Hey everyone, I juat started getting into insurance I am taking an online prep course and am almost through the first course and will be starting the PA specific course tonight. Are there certain things that are heavily stressed on the licensing test? I want to make sure I nail it the first go around. In addition, I have been in the automotive business doing quite well for three years now, insurance however seemed like it opened a lot more possibilities for growth and sales than cars hold. Do you have any tips for the best way to start out? I may be going to a nationwide agent for the starting position to learn the business first, any tips would be incredibly appreciated!

Look into Liberty Mutual, it is where I started my career and would recommend any rookie to start. If you can survive for a bit you'll learn either A you hate insurance B you're good at it and don't need Liberty as a crutch anymore or C the corporate Kool Aid taste good and you'll continue spinning in the hamster wheel at mother Liberty

Well I would urge you to NOT get into personal lines. Go commercial. Personal lines is a market that has peaked & the 10 year horizon doesn't look good at all.

I am in Easton PA. I want to do more commercial but I have been in the auto business for about three years. I have a lot of clients I am certain I could switch over to wherever I go as far as insurance is considered. I am going for my test on Monday and am confident that I will pass it. I see benefits to both personal and commercial. Personal I already have a large number of prospects from go. Commercial would be totally new to me other than working one small fleet deal in auto sales.
My first thoughts are working with an agent. I don't know tons about the insurance business but I know that I can dial a phone and sell ideas pretty effectively. I just don't know the industry enough to be independent from go.

Look into Liberty Mutual, it is where I started my career and would recommend any rookie to start. If you can survive for a bit you'll learn either A you hate insurance B you're good at it and don't need Liberty as a crutch anymore or C the corporate Kool Aid taste good and you'll continue spinning in the hamster wheel at mother Liberty

Yep- great place to start... Just save 1/2 your commissions so you can go Indy before drinking all the kook aid!

----------

Well I would urge you to NOT get into personal lines. Go commercial. Personal lines is a market that has peaked & the 10 year horizon doesn't look good at all.

Job security = a hurricane every 10 years... Personal lines will always be around for us coastal states.

Quick update, I passed my test first go! After hearing everything I want to go for more commercial business. I don't exactly know where to start with it but hopefully I'll get some guidance from the forum or where I start working as go how to get into commercial

Back