New to Medicare MA comish question

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Its been a while since I had this situation

If someone is T65 and enrolls in MA and does AEP switch for 01/01 within 3 months is that a raped disenrollment full chargeback

Or do you keep commish because of New to Medicare and new calendar year?

Not a Rapid Disenrollment, per CMS. You may have to convince the initial MAPD company of that, though. I have had this exact situation.

To quothe the 2018 CMS Marketing Guidelines in case you have to school the MA:

Rapid disenrollment compensation recovery does not apply when a beneficiary enrolls in a Plan/Part D Sponsor effective October 1, November 1, or December 1, and subsequently uses the Annual Election Period to make changes to their current plan for an effective date of January 1 of the following year. If, however, a beneficiary enrolls for October 1, November 1 or December 1 and disenrolls from the plan during that same enrollment year (unrelated to the AEP), the Plan/Part D Sponsor should recover compensation based on the rapid disenrollment.

Easy solution. Just tell em they shouldn't cancel for at least 4 months or they will be considered a "bad" person. And in this day in age who really wants to bad, ya know.

To quothe the 2018 CMS Marketing Guidelines in case you have to school the MA:

Rapid disenrollment compensation recovery does not apply when a beneficiary enrolls in a Plan/Part D Sponsor effective October 1, November 1, or December 1, and subsequently uses the Annual Election Period to make changes to their current plan for an effective date of January 1 of the following year. If, however, a beneficiary enrolls for October 1, November 1 or December 1 and disenrolls from the plan during that same enrollment year (unrelated to the AEP), the Plan/Part D Sponsor should recover compensation based on the rapid disenrollment.

Where can I get this from CMS site, I find this all over the place from Ins companies and FMOs and articles But I can't seem to get direct from CMS

UHC is fighting me on this saying its a rapid disenrollment and seems I need to show directly from CMS to combat this

This year the business is even more at risk because of the OEP from 1/1 to 3/31. I think if you enroll someone for a 12/1 effective and they change their plan in the next 3 months you are going to lose your whole commission. I don't believe you should and the marketing rules suggest you shouldn't....but...the reality may be you will. Be prepared for a "fight".

Back