New to P&C, CAT vs Agent - would love advice - Georgia

slant555

Hi,
I posted the message below in perhaps the wrong section of the forum because I had 0 responses for a couple of days. Another user suggested I should try the P&C section for some love (duh, rookie mistake). So, instead of typing it all over, I copied the message below. Any insight is appreciated!!!

“Hi,

I am new to the forum and to P&C. My background is wireless and hospitality for the past 20 yrs. I have been in positions from retail associate, management, proprietor, director and executive levels.

Initially, I took the P&C course to be a CAT Adjuster in hopes of financial flexibility and no financial ceiling. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I realized on the first day of class that the course would allow me to take my agent's exam. After speaking with a few in class and through some insurance professionals in my network, I am starting to think that being an agent may be a better fit. I am leaning towards being an independent agent vs captive. There is a franchise company that I am looking into that seems to fit my needs. However, they are not opening in my state currently.

I passed my adjuster's exam and agent's exam last week. I was able to find bountiful amounts of great suggestions thus far on this forum. However, I wanted to ask for advice specific to my needs. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

* If you are familiar with CAT Adjusting, could you state the pros vs cons of that field vs being an agent? There seems to be little information out there that runs parallel to what I am learning in regards to CAT adjusting

* Any suggestions to an insurance company in GA that can provide proper training, earning, support for a new independent agent intraining?

*Are there franchises to consider that can help with a novice like myself? The company I am looking at helps me focus on client acquisition while they handle the backend. I would like to learn the backend but I am not afraid to outsource what I am not experienced in.

Thanks!”

Back