New to P&C Cold Calls

I am very new to cold calling for P&C. When I was in insurance before I was captive doing medsupp and life sales. With my previous company the focus was to sell the appointment more than anything else on the phone. Now with my focus being primarily auto insurance I am trying to sell the quote. I've been having no success with the scripts that I have tried so far. My most recent script is this:

Hi this is [name] with [company name]. How are you doing today? I was
giving you a call because [company name] just rolled out a new program
that has been saving our clients 20-40% on their insurance. Have you got
a few minutes and we can run a requite and see if you qualify for this new
program.

I'll be honest I'm not really comfortable with this script. I got it from my bosses suggestions for my call to use the larger company names that our agency name because people don't know it that well yet. I would love some help coming up with a better script and any help on rebuttals would be appreciated as well. Today I have made contact with 4 different people and all 4 have hung up on me in the first 30 seconds of the call

It sucks.

Read High Probability Selling or go check out the website.

And you're going to need to make a lot more than 4 calls.

I made 58 calls today which I know is a low number. 4 is just the number of people I actually spoke with.

58 is very low considering you've only spoken to 4 people. There is a science to cold calling, but it requires lots of practice. Where are you getting your data source? What demographics are you using? What time of day are you calling? Most importantly are you staying compliant with scrubbing your data against the state and federal dnc registry?

Everything on who I've been calling has been from a list given to me by my boss. It has been scrubbed against the dnc. As far as time goes I've been calling between 10-5. I know I need to beef up my dials though.

When I first entered the biz my hours were 10 to 8, sometimes 9. No point going in before since I didn't have any service work.

At 5 o'clock I stopped everything and hit the phones. Internet leads, cold calls etc. I even set up a separate work space for calling so I wouldn't be tempted to do quotes or bs on the computer.

Go for the No! (good book for you to read)

Get those no's out of the way to find that one yes.

Mix it up a little. Try going out on a Saturday and knock some doors. I've done it for years working in different industries. I've always thought that P&C makes the most sense if you're selling an intangible door to door. Everyone has cars and if you can save someone money, they will give you a few minutes. There's a reason why they say, "15 minutes could save you 15% or more...." Because it works!

You can knock around 100 doors in just a few hours. I'll bet you money you can find 5-7 people out of 100 doors that are willing to let you quote them!

Mix it up a little. Try going out on a Saturday and knock some doors. I've done it for years working in different industries. I've always thought that P&C makes the most sense if you're selling an intangible door to door. Everyone has cars and if you can save someone money, they will give you a few minutes. There's a reason why they say, "15 minutes could save you 15% or more...." Because it works!

You can knock around 100 doors in just a few hours. I'll bet you money you can find 5-7 people out of 100 doors that are willing to let you quote them!

Now this we can agree on. ^^^^^take his advice. When in use to door knock I'd pull a list of people in the neighborhood that met my criteria so when I'd knock I knew who I was speaking to. It just added credibility. Never done it with p &c but with life insurance...I'd knock and when they answer I'd just say hi Jane, I'm Tommy and stopping by cause you were mailed a card like this (I'd show them a creative mail peice about life insurance)and part of what I do is not only evaluate what you currently have buy make sure it's up to par with national averages, then I'd dust off my feet and start walking in. If they answer the door I usually get into about 20% of the homes. Idk if that's good, but it was certainly profitable.

Hello all I am a new member here. Really happy to be on this forum. Hoping you all are fine? Actually I have joined this forum in order to learn different tactics or methods or techniques for doing cold calling and email marketing as I am new in this field and want to learn from you all experienced guys. Looking forward for better learning and experience. Thanks in advance.

Back