New to P&C...need Carrier Suggestions

Family Man

Expert
I completed my P&C licensing and need to get some carrier contracts. I've been a L&H lines independent agent for six years (under my dad's business tho). I need suggestions for carriers willing to get involved with small agency, particularly in Indiana. No luck with Erie since I couldn't guarantee a P&C app every day. I hate to open the door to it, but will I have to sign up under another agency and share P&C comp for eternity? Suggestions please.

Not for an eternity, no, but you probably need a mentor until you really know the p&c business well enough anyway, plus you're not likely to get the kind of contracts you need if you're newly licensed and on your own.
See if you can partner with an established agency, but make sure the contract spells out that you ultimately own your book, or are able to buy out any interest in it that they have.

I completed my P&C licensing and need to get some carrier contracts. I've been a L&H lines independent agent for six years (under my dad's business tho). I need suggestions for carriers willing to get involved with small agency, particularly in Indiana. No luck with Erie since I couldn't guarantee a P&C app every day. I hate to open the door to it, but will I have to sign up under another agency and share P&C comp for eternity? Suggestions please.

An app everyday? That doesn't sound like an Erie requirement..It must of been something else that they weren't interested in. They do expect true dedication to them which may of been the problem

Family Man, I will be glad to give you some thoughts relative to your situation if you want. I can be reached through my website.

Best to you.

Back