New to P&C

Aug 21, 2008

1. yeager

yeager Expert

I have had H&L license for 15+ years. I don't know much about P&C. I get a call from an mortage broker the other day where is company is underwriting loans for a national bank who recently got FHA approved. They think they are going to close 30-40 loans a month. He wants me to call these peolpe before closing and try and sell them home owners with American Modern.

I have couple of questions, is this legal, conflict of interest? Anyone know anything about American Modern? Commission, I am told is about 23% except for costal states then it is 13%. I would be splitting that with this guy. He would be openng an insurance agency with several partners, me being one.

How hard is P&C test, if done online self study?

Thanks for your input.

yeager, Aug 21, 2008
  2. saieddie

saieddie Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a good deal to me. The people he refers to you will have to have to show proof of homeowners insurance before they can close on their loans - so this is a good time to quote them.

Being a l/h agent, i'd give them a quote on a 30 yr term policy for the amount of the loan too.

saieddie, Aug 21, 2008
  3. Soaringagent

Soaringagent Guru

Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Why American Modern? They sometimes aren't the most competitive ... but it depends on many factors.

4. tospears

tospears Expert

State:
    South Carolina
    Totally legal. I'm pursuing a similar course.

tospears, Jun 10, 2009