New to the Insurance Business

Abundant1

I am new to the insurance business. I started out with American Income Life but I think I have decided it it not for me. I had a phone interview with Liberty Mutual. As someone just starting out it seems appealing. Are there any other companies who have this structure whereby you have a salary and benefits plus commission?

Being new to the insurance business there is a ton you still need to learn. Not poking fun or picking on you. Your offer from LM or any other captive agency agreement that will pay you a salary and bonus may be a good option for you if its a salary you can survive on. If nothing else you can learn while on the job and earn a salary while doing so. When you go off on your own or go independent then you'll more than likely be all commission. In my opinion take that arrangement and learn the business and learn how to find customers etc before you go straight commission.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

I agree with WadeQ - take the salary, learn the business (and make plenty of mistakes in the process) on someone else's dime.

I went straight commission with Allstate right out of the gate and it was a challenge, but not impossible to do. However, I'd caution most from doing so unless you have minimal financial obligations, like I did.

Back