New to the Life Game - Please Help

jasonburr

Hello all. I have been lurking here for quite some time and need some help.

I am a independent P&C agent with 1 year experience. 90% of what I do is P&C. The other 10% is split between life, health and commercial. I would really like to increase my life policies, but don't push them due to lack of experience and knowledge.

I have the appointments available to sell Term, UL, and WL. To me, term is easy. I understand it and believe in it. But I also feel a need to promote permanent policies.

Because each company that I am with has their own agenda, it is very hard to get a straight answer about UL vs. WL. At this point I am ignorant about these products and need kind of a "Permanent LI 101."

Can anyone point me to a book, website, etc. to help me understand these concepts? Also any books about LI sales?

Thanks all.

jasonburr said:
Hello all. I have been lurking here for quite some time and need some help.

I am a independent P&C agent with 1 year experience. 90% of what I do is P&C. The other 10% is split between life, health and commercial. I would really like to increase my life policies, but don't push them due to lack of experience and knowledge.

I have the appointments available to sell Term, UL, and WL. To me, term is easy. I understand it and believe in it. But I also feel a need to promote permanent policies.

Because each company that I am with has their own agenda, it is very hard to get a straight answer about UL vs. WL. At this point I am ignorant about these products and need kind of a "Permanent LI 101."

Can anyone point me to a book, website, etc. to help me understand these concepts? Also any books about LI sales?

Thanks all.

Any book written by Meisel, Feldman, Savage will do nicely, there are others but that list should keep you busy for some time. Simply go to Amazon and search those names plus others people will without a doubt mention.

I might be able to point you to some good references if you contact me. The biggest concern I have is making sure you have a couple options to offer to your customers on each to make sure they are satisfied with your ability to give them a competative rate. Some companies are competative at young ages, some at older ages, some are high on smokers some lower.

Excuse me Jen, but I feel the need express an observation here. I find it interesting the you are offering assistance to Jason if he contacts you. Why not share your opinion with the whole forum? Could it be that you have recently decided to re-join the forum to promote your "uandiwin" association? Which is in essence an MLM. I have contacted quite a few members of this forum for personal advice and you are the only one who has suggested an avenue that you would directly profit from.

My apologies if this offends you but I really don't think this forum is the appropriate venue for you to attempt to market your MLM.

I will post a seperate subject re: uandiwin. so all may express their views.

John,

Comments that are general, I try to make for all. Things that are specific to an individual I try to make to the individual. To those who wish to discuss their situation, I'm willing to share discussion of my situation. I see this as having content that should not often be public. I'm willing to share as you and I have. And for that I appreciate your 'off-line' ideas very much.

As to the UandiWin thing that you mention, it's too new for me to say it's awesome or aweful. It has strengths and weaknesses. I have my concerns yet I also have my hopes. I'm also keeping my eyes open.

Cautious, yet hopeful. Wow! That sure wasn't the impression you gave me on the phone. More like, "You've got to check this out. It's the best program out there."

The UandIWIN thing is good for some, not for some. I'm learning every day from the forum here so I will say thank you to those who 've spoke with me on the phone. Either those who are helping me or, those who I am helping. We all have opportunities that work for us. Thanks to one very nice guy on the East Coast I see some additional options for some of my lines that will add to my income. Thanks for the info. I hope to help others the same way, but not everything in public chatter.

The program I was talking about is excellent for the $20 lifetime membership because you don't need to get appointed to anything. There are a lot of benefits besides. They negotiated a great rate with Salesgenie. They are in the process of negotiating great rates on other products for agents. The appointments for life and health are only if it helps you. For some it will be great for others not.

I do want to help others and even on the phone I've told some I dont' think UandIWin is for them, with others, I've said it would be fantastic for them to join.

My main focus on this forum is to help others wherever I can. I still think the membership is great, the appointment for individual lines is great for some and not for others.

MLM is not for me

Most of us here want to be good insurance professionals & really provide a consultative service to clients. MLM type companies usually have no interest in that - only in building an organization. I have to say that all commentary I've seen from Jen on this board has been vague & always ended with "if you want to know more - call me"! Oldest MLM trick in the book - give no real information & meet your own needs at the expense of others with different intentions.

I don't appreciate it myself.

Back