New to US, Pregnant and No Insurance

fanwar

My wife has recently arrived to US as permanent resident so she doesn't have any insurance and she is around 3 months pregnant. My employer is saying that they cannot add her to my insurance until Sep 1, 2014 i.e until the enrollment starts.

If I go for any private insurance this time would they cover any pregnancy related tests? What are my options? I am a texas resident.

Please help!

My wife has recently arrived to US as permanent resident so she doesn't have any insurance and she is around 3 months pregnant. My employer is saying that hey cannot add her to Sep 1, 2014 i.e until the enrollment opens.

If I go for any private insurance this time would they cover any pregnancy related tests? What are my options? I am a texas resident.

Please help!

should have asked this yesterday.......

She came around 20 days back and she doesn't even have received her social as yet

I spoke with one agent earlier and he told me that she can get insurance but they won't cover for pregnancy related costs. However if she has to go for some other complication then only that would be beneficial. Are you saying that the coverage can cover any prenatal costs (like medical tests) also?

if she can get signed then everything would be covered starting on may 1st, including the prenatal tests. also, the childs father in her native country may have insurance that will cover her while she's out of the country as well.

I spoke with one agent earlier and he told me that she can get insurance but they won't cover for pregnancy related costs. However if she has to go for some other complication then only that would be beneficial. Are you saying that the coverage can cover any prenatal costs (like medical tests) also?

Since no agent is speaking up in Texas, they either didn't see this post, or are too tired after doing this for past 6 months straight. Call healthcare.gov and get real coverage which will include maternity. 8003182596

Howdy pweson looking for insurance I am the main texas health agent on this board but I am tired... Call txinsurance....ask for joe Stevens. If you are middle eastern Christian call me or my wife will get mad

----------

STI should be able to answer this correctly.

Haha... Funny... Don't think he will do the ObamaCare application personally.

Back