New tool shows Medicare Advantage penetration by health plan and county in all 50 states

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

New tool shows Medicare Advantage penetration by health plan and county in all 50 states
bigstock-Market-Penetration-Increasing-101287271.jpg

A new, intuitive tool created by MedicareCompareUSA shows market penetration by county of Medicare Advantage plans, both in raw numbers and share of market.
Continue reading the Original Article.

"MedicareCompareUSA is an insurance agency, call center and media provider of Medicare-related content. MedicareCompareUSA is not affiliated with the federal Medicare program." Looks like another lead generation site...

This is crap.

I don't sell MAPD but I know which hospitals in Dallas take at least 1 plan. None of them are listed. So either they only sell 1 plan and are using their network or the site isn't ready, but they still put out a press releaae.

Crapola

Chazm, this is where I found where it shows which states they are in currently: Speak With an Agent - MedicareCompareUSA

For example, you're in FL and when you look under Florida it brings up specific hospitals. I'm in PA and no hospitals are listed yet.

Lisa

I’m just confused I guess. I thought this site brings up MAPD penetration in each state? That’s what the title says.
When I click on your link and then my state, it just brings up phone numbers to call. Correction, they are all the same number. And hospitals that I’ve never heard of.

For what it's worth, Ritter has a tool which shows this data. You have to be registered for their website. It's called Ritter Insight. It also provides the number of people eligible in the county and the per person and per household income.

Well I see that my comment is awaiting moderation (still). So let me just chime in in plain English: HOGWASH. This is no not for profit consumer friendly site like Kaiser Foundation, etc. This is an agent/agency's site and its main intent is to sell insurance and profit therefrom. Not sure why the forum has opted to promote this, but not cool.

Back