New York City Auto Insurance

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
For those who sell auto insurance in the 5 boroughs of NY City, do you find that a lot of people lie about being married and having a spouse on a policy?

I just caught a prospect who said he wasn't married during the quoting process. After we were done with the quote he said he was going to refer his wife to me as well....

He also disclosed to me that he was referred to me by a spouse of a policyholder of mine that is not on her policy because she also told me she wasn't married..

Is this common? How do I prevent it? How is handled during a claim?

If you quote a lot the 5 boroughs, you will find that 1. Everyone lives by themselves, 2. No one has produced children. 3. Being married does not mean what the average person thinks it means. 4. No one has a ticket or accident on their license.

As long as YOU are truthful and do not intentionally hide things the companies find most things out by themselves. Claims are usually paid as long as there is no serious mis representation.

no. 4 is a killer, so i charge 20 dollars MVR fee.

Then they tell me OH WAIT i have this and that during this year.

Yes always ask questions and if they lie than you did your best by asking first.

Most people know if there spouse has a bad driving record they will try and remove them from the policy or look for a new insurance without them.

Besides this why don't we broaden this thread and ask each other what are the most competitive companies offering low auto rates.

I usually go with countrywide being the cheapest especially if they are relatively new and don't have credit (liability only)

But how about other companies that can compete with countrywide or even geico?

Any responses are appreciated.

Yes always ask questions and if they lie than you did your best by asking first.

Most people know if there spouse has a bad driving record they will try and remove them from the policy or look for a new insurance without them.

Besides this why don't we broaden this thread and ask each other what are the most competitive companies offering low auto rates.

I usually go with countrywide being the cheapest especially if they are relatively new and don't have credit (liability only)

But how about other companies that can compete with countrywide or even geico?

Any responses are appreciated.

I've take a couple countrywide policies and a lot of GEICO with Erie

All my business is in NYC and long island and I am having serious difficulty writing personal auto. Since I am a startup with about 12 other indys in the area it is pretty tough getting appointed. I am at the point I can sell a Geico policy and charge a brokers fee on it just to make something on it. Just signed up with progressive and their rates are crazy expensive. I can't even mention that price to the consumer. Any suggestions or advice?

All my business is in NYC and long island and I am having serious difficulty writing personal auto. Since I am a startup with about 12 other indys in the area it is pretty tough getting appointed. I am at the point I can sell a Geico policy and charge a brokers fee on it just to make something on it. Just signed up with progressive and their rates are crazy expensive. I can't even mention that price to the consumer. Any suggestions or advice?

Get out of the city to be honest. No one including clusters appoints in NYC. WC county and NJ are close to the city, cheaper offices, and easier to get appointments

Yes, everyone keeps telling me that but there are some companies that are appointing but I am not having any luck with them since I am brand new.

Back