New York Contractors

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Who in the heck is writing height restricted classes in NY?

Good lord, I have a Pa contractor doing a job in NY and XYZ company is determined to exclude coverage on GL and Comp. for this acct. as a result. State fund in NY won't write comp because no NY address.

Any suggestions?

Who in the heck is writing height restricted classes in NY? Good lord, I have a Pa contractor doing a job in NY and XYZ company is determined to exclude coverage on GL and Comp. for this acct. as a result. State fund in NY won't write comp because no NY address. Any suggestions?

Utica First would be an option for the GL.

Try FastComp for the WC, they say they love contractors

Without a physical address in NY, this will be tough. Can't the person subbing out to him just include him under their payroll and he can pay for it?

they may love contractors...except in NY

The NY labor laws shouldn't have much of an effect on WC. Comp is comp. the problem is in NY an employer can also sue his employer trough the GL for work related injuries in addition to the comp which is why a lot of carriers don't like the height classes in NY

Utica National is looking at it now. Considering that it's 95% Pa risk and domiciled in Pa I thought it looked easy...guess not.

Who in the heck is writing height restricted classes in NY?

Good lord, I have a Pa contractor doing a job in NY and XYZ company is determined to exclude coverage on GL and Comp. for this acct. as a result. State fund in NY won't write comp because no NY address.

Any suggestions?

You can do the WC with the NYSIF When they are asking for a address just give them the jobsite address. Nothing will be sent there. You can have an out of state mailing address.

GL is a whole other animal. What kind of contractor is it? What company is on it in PA?

carpentry...Erie

Thinking of putting it with Utica national on the GL

If we use jobsite address how will they invoice him? separate mailing address?

carpentry...Erie

Thinking of putting it with Utica national on the GL

If we use jobsite address how will they invoice him? separate mailing address?

Erie wont just add the NY carpentry class onto his current PA workers comp policy?
Most wc policies have an allstates endorsement on them anyway. If the employees live in PA and are working temporarily in NY they would be covered under the PA policy anyway. The only way you would need the NY class code on there is if the insured was hiring NY domiciled employees.

The GL would cover the NY job as it covers continental US. Unless there was a NY exclusion on there which I can't see Erie doing as an admitted company.

I guess the question is this a big NY job with NY employees or just a small project hes doing in NY and commuting? If its the later I wouldn't have spoken to the company about anything.

You can have a out of state mailing address for a NYSIF policy. They will mail the bill there.
I highly doubt Utica National will write the GL for that.

Latest posts

Back