New zero premium life insurance policy/life settlements

Originally Posted by arnguy
Honestagent, I found your post interesting but the overuse (if not misuse) of whom rattled my brain. According to The New Oxford American Dictionary, who forms the subjunctive case and so should be used in the subject position. the form whom, on the other hand forms the objective case, and so should be used in the object position in a sentence. In modern English the normal practice is to use who instead of whom.

Class dismissed.:)

You are indeed correct. In fact, it should also be worthy noting according to Analyzing English Grammar Third Edition by: Klammer, Shulz, and Volpe, approved by mulitfarious linguistic Ph.D practicing instructors and further, this book is the teaching of English grammar to teachers specializing in the rubric of writing solely at the post graduate level, while having the accredidation of the Columbia Journalism Review, additionally also speaking as a former Secodary Certified English Teacher, with past professional contractual teaching experience - prepositions take objects. So you know, prepositions, words like, 'to, from, and for,' to enumerate a few take the ojective case, which slots in the subjective case when answering the indirective objects of 'to whom,' or 'for whom' the object is performed.

Here's a quick snapshot. I hope this puts it all in perspective for you.

Traditional grammars (yes the plural here, grammars) somtimes tried to define indirect objects in terms of meaning as the 'recipient of the direct object,' or that 'to whom or for whom' the action is performed. Linguists today would say the indirect object is usually the 'recipient' or 'beneiciary,' something I feel we all to can relate. Okay, so what does this mean?

It may help you to remember to ask 'what' to identify the direct object and 'to whom' or 'for whom' for the indirect object. These 2 techniques (given to you today at no cost, btw) will help determine the slot for usage of subjective or objective class. So let's use a simple example to answer the question of 'what,' in this case.

Illustrated example: What did Maria give George? (direct object would be gift) Now, to test this, you would say, To whom did Maria give a gift? The indirect object is: George of course!

Now, I ask, as a teacher, to take this concept and apply this technique to my preceding post to that you referred. This should help you. And if it does not, then:

I can slice and dice this in a number of ways. If you would like more information, my hourly fee is $300.00 and as extra benefit for you, I will personally provide you with an added value of 10% off on our second consultation. I do this for eager learners! ;)

Any other questions, please pm me as this thread should be allocated strictly to the zero premium concept and product.

I thank you kindly.

H.A.

Please limit this to insurance related items only. Leave personal soap boxes off this board. Especially grammar lessons. I feel like I just got in the middle of rush hour road rage. Please?:no:

Shots in the Dark!

As I read the dialog on this board, I see what reminds me of sports analysts. They are so positive about what a team is going to do, how they will finish, who will be the most, best etc. They have absolutely no way of knowing and yet they are so emphatic and dogmatic. Why is there so much clamor when we will know something in a matter of days? There have been some pretty low blows fired at people when NO ONE on this board really knows ALL the details. Time is going to be the tell. I am not saying that we should all be blind fools; but why the dogmatic views when they are (at best) mere speculation? Maybe there are related insurance laws we don't know about that cover this and don't violate insurable interest and other related issues. One person said that somehow the beneficiaries would get no money and the investor would take all. That has never been voiced by the company as even a possibility. If this is legit, it is going to be awesome! If not, it will be another passing wave. Just because we don't understand something-YET doesn't make it a "dog with fleas." I am hoping while yet planning and working if it doesn't materialize. Until the thing is out, it is all pretty much just "shooting in the dark.":cool:

Wow there has been alot of speculation going on here -- the recruiting the agents on 3 levels is a new one for me --- I was told by my hierchy that you have to be licensed in the state that the agent is in and if you are a manager you get the override -- and it was 25 dollars -- now if you are an FMO or MGA with 1000/s of agents that is where the larger override comes in -- depending on how many agents the agency gets signed up then they either get 25, 50 or 75 dollars. I have a conference call at 10 in the morning tomorrow and I will ask the questions to confirm this.

Pat-Interesting analogy with the sports analyst.

I like that view. I think...what we have hear is an expansion team trying to sell tickets. The product stinks, but the fans are excited and will come to the games...for a while. Then at some point and many losses later, reality sets in and the fans stay home.

Bad product. Poor marketing. A dog with fleas.

Heck, it's bad enough that my wife gets a mill if I die. Talk about incentive to be a good husband! That's all we need is "investors" to profit when someone older dies:

Live at news 11:

Tradegedy today as an elderly man apparantly slipped and fell off a cliff to his death. An investigation is ongoing as to why at 78 year old man was hiking so close to the edge of a 5,000 foot drop. His wife said "I have no idea. He went out to walk the dog and the next thing I know they're telling me they found him at the bottom of a cliff 25 miles from here. My husband doesn't hike."

Sti from what I read on this board, the insured's family gets 15k out of the deal.

I was going to say....if the family gets a cut.....and does not knock them out on getting another policy with full benefits....might not be a bad deal....but I do suspect that the DOI's will be all in this....I remember when you could dump unlimited funds into WL and UL's before the mec........

Why shouldn't agents know how hard they're getting stroked? It's certainly relavent. My agents are at 20% and I'm at 25%. I wonder how they'd feel if they found out I was at 50%?

We will most certainly be publishing what's in the deal and we'll also be finding out which entities are giving the most in commissions and bonuses.

I'm not signing up with any product unless I know how much the override is. I'm fine at 100% for life if my broker is at 120%. I'm not fine if I'm getting 60% and he's at 120%.

Latest posts

Back