New zero premium life insurance policy/life settlements

Well, have fun trying to research these guys: Called the number and there's not even a message - just goes to a "record your message at the tone." What...no intro message?

Then if you click their email link: [email protected] it's comes up [email protected] - send a message and it bounces back.

You run a search for "tagsalesteam" and you see their CA ad: http://64.106.252.140/jobdetails.cfm?jid=7947 - this lists the contact as the Assurance Group out of Georgia, and this guy's using a Yahoo email address?

I pulled up regristry info for www.tagsalesteam.com (which is a defunct site) and get that the site owner is here: 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

You pull up that address and get that it's associated with a scam: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=7675

Last edited:
Wow...9 pgs already!!

We don't know much about this product and yet discussion has hit multi-pgs. Wait till this product rolls out. LOL

SMAN: have you had a chance to call Leon Cooper (fmo) yet?

I re-posted his info that my friend had emailed to me. 601-683-6635.

They have a nice web page and seem to be spread out over several states. But I am waiting for a feedback from someone, or I can call.

TAG sales team is "The Assurance Group Inc,". HQ is 5035 Prospect St. Archdale NC 27263. This is the group I signed up with about 1 1/2 years ago to sell senior products and only stayed with them for a couple months (prior to deciding to offer true MM).

This is also the group that charged the agents $25/mailed in lead after you bought it from them for something like $7/lead. If you did not return the lead, they charged you the $25. I sold 1 part D policy and ended up having to pay them $150. This is after I returned my leads - go figure!

Some agents were out thousands of dollars because no one knew that you had to return the leads. Most of the top mgt. guys I spoke with were ex Mega/UGA folks. They were almost giddy about how great UA products were.

A shady operation if you ask me. RUN FORREST RUN!

Well we can review:

*No one answers the phone and also no greeting on the message

*Although email says it's one address it comes up with the "tagsalesteam" address which is undeliverable.

*No physical address noted on the site

*Claims they are licensed and doing business in 50 states - actually called the MD DOI and they've never hear of 'em. They are not non-rez licensed here.

*Investigation leads this all back to "TAG" which is the the Assurance Group with arguable the cheesiest website I've ever seen.

This all smell like kaka. It starts and ends with no way to contact anyone at the "halo" website.

If you want another odor to arise these guys have a private regristry listing:

Domain Name: HALOSALESTEAM.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: PARK25.SECURESERVER.NET
Name Server: PARK26.SECURESERVER.NET
Updated Date: 11-apr-2007
Creation Date: 04-jul-2006
Expiration Date: 04-jul-2008

When you register a website you normally have the contact info a public. Here's an agency in MD: (you can see they can click to make all their info private - yet why would they want to hide all their info?)

Registrant:Make this info private Kelly Associates Insurance Group 301 International Circle Hunt Valley, MD 21030-1342 US Domain Name: KAIG.COM Administrative Contact : Erhardt, Chris [email protected] 301 International Circle Hunt Valley, MD 21093 US Phone: (410) 527-3400 Fax: (410) 527-5906

Here's my website:

Registrant:
Health Solutions
406 Quiet Woods Ct
Pasadena, MD 21122
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: HEALTHSOLUTIONSAGENCY.COM
Created on: 20-APR-06
Expires on: 20-APR-07
Last Updated on: 20-APR-06

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Petrowski, John [email protected]
Health Solutions
406 Quiet Woods Ct
Pasadena, MD 21122
US
443-770-0091
877-257-8874

So we have an outfit that absolutely does not want anyone to contact them.

Last edited:
Halo is not the only outfit offering this...it is not true that they have exclusivity for this product. I am in contact with people who have no association with Halo who are offering contracts for this...like PolicyDoc says I will wait until further info is available to pass judgment. I know nothing about life insurance though and when all info is available I will be listening to our life experts here.

I can tell you that the insurance company is Protective Life Insurance Company (parent company is West Coast Life)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all I know is when you register your domain name everyone has their info as public. The only reason to have it listed as private is when you don't want anyone to track you down.

Just called Leon and here is what I gleaned. It is similar to that free insurance you get at your local bank because you have an account. Remeber those free 1-2,000 face accidental death benefit you get, with an option to buy more from that carrier, courtesy of your bank? Supposedly the bank stands to gain a few thousand per recipient, based on that face amount, when a claim is filed. In other words, your $1,000 death benefit nets the bank another 2-5k if you die. That is their insurable interest. (I never knew that!)

Now these policies are similar...investors keep the bulk of death proceeds and the applicant gets the 15 or 30K coverage. (seems there are 2 policies available based upon health questions). What is also intersting, is that you can become a shareholder. BTW....more states have been added, including PA and Wis.

Interesting concept....another lottery on the American public. LOL

See ya later.

Back