Newb Newb Newb

cleen

Hi everyone!

There is so much info here I don't know where to start:goofy:. I am located in California and looking into signing up for classes. Does anyone know about PreLicenseTraining.com - California Insurance Licensing School The price is great and a guarantee to pass is even better.

I want to take life and health plus fire and casualty. Would I have to take a total of 24 hours of the ethics course?

Thanks so much for your help.

I have had several agents use that service and allthough the informative training is good you may also want to look up multiple choice test taking techniques.

The reason for this is most state licensing tests are administered by third party contracted companies that make an extra fee if you fail the tests and retake them again. This means a lot of trick questions that are structured like:

All of the following are true except

All of the following are false except

Which of the following is not the best answer

Many of them had the informational knowledge down but struggled to pass the test because the trick questions fouled them up.

Last edited:
This means a lot of trick questions that are structured like:

All of the following are true except

All of the following are false except

Which of the following is not the best answer

Many of them had the informational knowledge down but struggled to pass the test because the trick questions fouled them up.

Hate to seem non-compassionate, but if they're not smart enough to read the questions carefully, they're not smart enough to have a license, imho.

Just a wag, but maybe that's why they word them that way...

No problem,

Just knew this helped them, they scored really close to passing but close is only good for horseshoes and hand-grenades...

Anyhow the guy who taught the pre-license class I took gave us this info and he had a much higher passing rate for his classes than the online classes and it was pretty much the only difference.

It also seems there are plenty of people who get licenses but aren't smart enough to sell insurance...

Hate to seem non-compassionate, but if they're not smart enough to read the questions carefully, they're not smart enough to have a license, imho.

Just a wag, but maybe that's why they word them that way...

I failed my test the first time L/H...They asked me 100 questions and then removed 30 questions and based my test score on how many questions correct out of the 70 , then you needed a 70 % to pass. I felt like they take too many questions out, I felt I had passed, the instructor during my prep course told us, if the question is easy, consider it to be one of the 30 being removed.Just give the test and see how it unfolds.

Hi everyone!

There is so much info here I don't know where to start:goofy:. I am located in California and looking into signing up for classes. Does anyone know about PreLicenseTraining.com - California Insurance Licensing School The price is great and a guarantee to pass is even better.

I want to take life and health plus fire and casualty. Would I have to take a total of 24 hours of the ethics course?

Thanks so much for your help.
You may locate an agency to work for, they can share any info you need, Colonial filled out all my paperwork and actually gave the study exam test to study by..The state here is actually VERY tough on the admission paperwork, for example..if you live on Main St. and you dont spell out street, they will kick it back and you will have to start over, it is that way through out the whole paperwork. Just my advice, an agency can help you figure out the things you dont know.

Back