Newbie - AHIP testing & study materials

MK116

Expert
Hello, I just joined this forum. I have been shifting through this forum for weeks reading threads to figure out how to become an insurance agent. I've read that I need to join an FMO/IMO. I have contacted 2 FMO companies, but no help. I only figured out what FMO companies were thanks to this forum. LOL So Thanks :)

Thanks to the threads I've read here, I got myself licensed, but now what?

I've read that I need to take tests to work with insurance companies. I read about AHIP. Question: Is AHIP the standard for basically all insurance companies and if so where do I get study materials? I got my licensing study book from Amazon (just picked one, not great but got me through), but I don't see AHIP study materials at Amazon. The AHIP tests seem kinda pricey.

I have looked around this forum, but it seems AHIP discussions are beyond my level. I hope some people here will kindly share knowledge about AHIP with me and other newbies reading this post.

Hello, I just joined this forum. I have been shifting through this forum for weeks reading threads to figure out how to become an insurance agent. I've read that I need to join an FMO/IMO. I have contacted 2 FMO companies, but no help. I only figured out what FMO companies were thanks to this forum. LOL So Thanks :)

Thanks to the threads I've read here, I got myself licensed, but now what?

I've read that I need to take tests to work with insurance companies. I read about AHIP. Question: Is AHIP the standard for basically all insurance companies and if so where do I get study materials? I got my licensing study book from Amazon (just picked one, not great but got me through), but I don't see AHIP study materials at Amazon. The AHIP tests seem kinda pricey.

I have looked around this forum, but it seems AHIP discussions are beyond my level. I hope some people here will kindly share knowledge about AHIP with me and other newbies reading this post.
You only need to worry about taking AHIP and the carrier certifications if you're going to sell Medicare Advantage/Prescription Drug Plans. Many of the companies offer a $50 discount if you take it through them.

What are you wanting from a FMO?

Welcome to the Forum. :yes:

I should have said that, duh, sorry, concentrating so hard on question forgot to clarify. I want to work with Medicare Advantage. - From my understanding I thought FMOs were about it now. I thought (no knowledge here, just reading) that insurance companies don't really want direct agents, and easier to sell more lines and have online quoting tools for all the lines with FMO.

goillini52 - Thank you for the kind welcome! - I thought all lines required some kind of test. I know I have so much still to learn. I was hoping a FMO would help me by pointing me to what I need to learn and study. I am obviously not ready to go out into the real world with this. LOL

I should have said that, duh, sorry, concentrating so hard on question forgot to clarify. I want to work with Medicare Advantage. - From my understanding I thought FMOs were about it now. I thought (no knowledge here, just reading) that insurance companies don't really want direct agents, and easier to sell more lines and have online quoting tools for all the lines with FMO.
Yes, FMO's can give you a better deal than being Direct to a company, and most companies require you to use an FMO. I think all the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement companies make you use a FMO.

Have you talked to Todd King?
https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/todd-king.3501/

No, I was looking local first, hoping for personal help. Thank you so much for your kindness. I will look at them.

Back