Newbie! Help

Ashlee T

Hello,

So I am very new to Life Insurance Sales. I first got introduced to Life insurance sales via Lifetel Financial (Elly Weatherby) and the tele-sales model a couple of years ago. I don't know if they are even in operation anymore, but I never went through with training or anything. I am now ready to jump in, but don't know where to start. When I do a quick google search, the names I come up with are Lincoln Heritage, Family First, IHC Specialty, Symetry- which seem to have a bad rap.

Please help a girl out, and let me know where to turn so I don't get sucked into some MLM with poor commission structure! I just want some training, help with leads, and a couple of people to call on when I get stuck. I am good at sales and can follow a program- just need to know which one to choose from.

Hello,

So I am very new to Life Insurance Sales. I first got introduced to Life insurance sales via Lifetel Financial (Elly Weatherby) and the tele-sales model a couple of years ago. I don't know if they are even in operation anymore, but I never went through with training or anything. I am now ready to jump in, but don't know where to start. When I do a quick google search, the names I come up with are Lincoln Heritage, Family First, IHC Specialty, Symetry- which seem to have a bad rap.

Please help a girl out, and let me know where to turn so I don't get sucked into some MLM with poor commission structure! I just want some training, help with leads, and a couple of people to call on when I get stuck. I am good at sales and can follow a program- just need to know which one to choose from.

What are you doing at 2:33AM in the morning posting about life insurance sales?

Hi Ashlee, in order to get started, you might want to try out a couple webinars to get an idea on what life insurance agent entails, and then perhaps get prepared for your pre-licensing study.

Yes I’ve done all of that. I’ve been interested for about 5 years now. So I’m very aware of what this job entails, just not sure who to get started with.

there's two types of agency you can get started with, one is captative agency, where you get contracted with one of the carrier's agency, like NY life, or getting contracted with a General Agency, who has GA appointments with multiple carriers.

The first options usually has supporting staff for agents, but is limited to sale one carrier's product.
The latter will grants you the option to sell many other carrier's products, depends on how many carrier they have appointment with. But often times not going to have that strong of a support for agents, and sometimes has not motivating commission %, like *FG or *FA....(I heard from others about these two)

Latest posts

Back