Newbie in A Situation Only an *** Could be In

Gotcha - you simply expected leads and didn't get any. I'd look into talking to Gary Prado - has a solid reputation.

I would never farm out telemarketing to some random company without a few referrals - people I would speak with who are currently receiving leads. Obviously no company would give me someone's info, but they can have mine and have a few of their agent clients give me a call.

If you read my first post you would know that I was doing this business before running with these guys. In fact, at my first gig, which I just started in last June, I became salesman of the month my third month with those guys. Incidentally, my first group that I was one of the top producers for assurant products. So, the skill or ability is there. Secondly, this was all taking place during the holidays, a period that is typically a slow sales period for a lot of insurance agents. In fact, making the transition from my old company to my new company during this period seemed like a pretty smart idea. Third, I did find another telemarketing company, and should have those leads sometime next week. Fourth, again, if you read my first post, the plan was to get training, if I needed any, to help sell the product over the phone, as opposed to in person, which I was doing with my first position.

And hell yes I blame him/them for not following through. Their website advertises telemarketed, not internet leads. This was a huge selling point. If they can't do that, then what good are they? Some people can do the door to door sending out flyers stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that. By most accounts on this website, internet leads suck. I currently and only temporarily have the means to buy telemarketed leads, so that's what I'm going to do.

No decision is a decision? I decided to go with what I thought was a better organization offering better contracts, telemarketed leads and a worthwhile training system. What I got, on the other hand, is something entirely different.

I probally sounded harsh when what I intended to indicate was we have to be responsible for our own success. See my first post, same principles, worded differently perhaps. While "any" lead might not be the "best", leads from "anybody", are they any better?

As you indicated you come to the table with the skill and abiltiy, perhaps it would serve you best to trust yourself and do what worked for you before.

I am probally wrong in my assessment, the question is are you right in yours.

You ordered your own leads, good for you, keep falling foward and good luck.

Gotcha - you simply expected leads and didn't get any. I'd look into talking to Gary Prado - has a solid reputation.

I would never farm out telemarketing to some random company without a few referrals - people I would speak with who are currently receiving leads. Obviously no company would give me someone's info, but they can have mine and have a few of their agent clients give me a call.
I've now learned the importance of having a reputable telemarketer. The leads I'm expecting to get next week are Gary's.

Back