Newbie in FL

Hi Guys,

This is my 2nd post. My first was very helpful and I am now further into my research & discovery. I am wanting to open a primarily P & C agency(to start with). I will cross network with my Real Estate business. I have a sister that has had her 2-20 license for 10 years (mostly working for Progressive in their call centers) and I am going for mine starting April 7. I know all about the learning curve ahead of me and will tackle it with hard work and integrity, the same principles I apply to myself and my business currently.
Question(s): Anyone know where I can obtain the data on how to get appointed? Is there anywhere I can find out what companies (in my state) that I would be best to start repping/and or to stay away from? For those of you who are aware of the market in FLorida. I am most concerned about being appointed by Citizens. Anyone with help, knowledge, direction, etc...would be greatly appreciated! And last but not least, would it benefit me to attend the FAIA 104th Convention in Orlando?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jeanette:noteworthy:
(I know you have a P&C Forum, but I don't see very many current posts or viewers there)

Yes, I have. And it is difficult to find what I am looking for. I have no propblem with calling them direct, which is my next move. Just looking for guidance first. I am a bit concerned about Insurance companies not wanting to have me or my future agency appointed because I/we are new.

Jeanette. I will try to help you if you care to contact me. I am in the Sarasota area. You can contact me through my website.

Hi Guys,

This is my 2nd post. My first was very helpful and I am now further into my research & discovery. I am wanting to open a primarily P & C agency(to start with). I will cross network with my Real Estate business. I have a sister that has had her 2-20 license for 10 years (mostly working for Progressive in their call centers) and I am going for mine starting April 7. I know all about the learning curve ahead of me and will tackle it with hard work and integrity, the same principles I apply to myself and my business currently.
Question(s): Anyone know where I can obtain the data on how to get appointed? Is there anywhere I can find out what companies (in my state) that I would be best to start repping/and or to stay away from? For those of you who are aware of the market in FLorida. I am most concerned about being appointed by Citizens. Anyone with help, knowledge, direction, etc...would be greatly appreciated! And last but not least, would it benefit me to attend the FAIA 104th Convention in Orlando?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jeanette:noteworthy:
(I know you have a P&C Forum, but I don't see very many current posts or viewers there)

Back