Newbie, Looking for Great Starter Advice - Moving to No.San Diego Area Soon.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to this Ins World. My hubby and I are looking to get started and learn as many of the pro's n con's as we can before going out on our own. Since my hubby is the current breadwinner (I'm a stay at hm mommy for now) I will be the one starting up our business. We have gotten a hold of a lovely recruiter and she's showing us the way. I'm here to start Networking and any advice on pitfalls to avoid or ladders I should climb up...please give a girl a "heads up," We'd greatly appreciate any n all advice on what to look fwd to in the next year or two starting up. ^.^
Thx,
Angela

What line of insurance?
- Life & Health?
- Property & Casualty?
- Employee Benefits?
- Retirement & Financial Planning?
- Final Expense & Medicare Supplements?

It'll be easier to give you ideas and advice once we know which direction you see yourself heading in.

"We have gotten a hold of a lovely recruiter and she's showing us the way."
What is she showing you exactly? The way to San Jose?

Yes, touche Everyone :)
So let me be a bit more specific, as specific as I can for what little my hubby and I know as of now.
My husband rcvd a call back from an Allstate recruiter today and she gave him links and a brief overview on what steps we should take first.
I will be speaking to her tomorrow since I will be the one to start this up. She said I would need to be "assessed" first to qualify for the Insurance agent program which would be about 6 weeks. She recommended a site called 'prelicensetraing.com' We would first start selling Property & Causality then within 2 yrs (assuming I passed) I would need to go back to training and get my 6&63 (not sure what that is - will look it up)
My hubby and I are thinking of walking into an Allstate agency around here and just introducing ourselves and see if we can ask them how they got started and so on. We realize recruiters have quotas to make so we want to make sure we speak to as many people (who are willing to talk) talk to us. Any advice is appreciated, Thx.

The FINRA Securities Series 6 & 63 are basic securities licenses to sell mutual funds and variable life and annuity contracts. There is lots to learn about them on this site.

I would definitely spend some time in the P&C forum and the Getting Started forum and search for Allstate to get a general sense of what people think of it.

Latest posts

Back