Newbie Needs Info on Best Medicare Advantage Agency Knoxville TN Area

suzys

Expert
I am new and have research best medicare advantage plan in Tennessee is Humana. What agency could I go with, remain non-captive and sell Humana and few others? Any responses Appreciated.:)

I am new and have research best medicare advantage plan in Tennessee is Humana. What agency could I go with, remain non-captive and sell Humana and few others? Any responses Appreciated.:)

What part of Tennessee are you in? I'm intrigued by your statement that Humana is the "best."

Cigna-HealthSpring and BCBS of TN have some great plans, too. My advice is to put all three of them in your quiver of arrows. Also might want to throw UHC into the mix; they come in handy sometimes.

You can contract with BCBS directly. Lots of agencies handle Humana and Cigna-HealthSpring as well as UHC. I'm have all of these and am most assuredly non-captive.

The only disadvantage of having five MAPD/PDP carriers is the amount of time you have to spend recertifying every year. I just did my AHIP and the online recertification for all of these companies and was bored almost to tears with it. But it's worth it in the end, when the commissions pop into the ol' bank account.

Good luck. You might consider signing on with Coventry for PDPs, just to help your clients out, certainly not to get rich... :laugh:

Last edited:
You might consider signing on with Coventry for PDPs, just to help your clients out, certainly not to get rich... :laugh:

Definitely not going to rich on those given the only plan that consistently comes up lowest annual cost for them is going from no renewals to non-commissionable.

Thread Title indicates they are in the Knoxville area..

Thanks, Rouse, saw that after I posted; should have deleted that part of the post.

And WC, I do get renewals on the PDPs I sold last year. But I did see that the First Health Part D Value Plus product, which is 95% of the Coventry plans I sold, is going away for us.

No great loss -- only practical use for the drug plans is for their referral value, or to help out friends. Otherwise, the $56 I got is nothing more than a tankful of gasoline.

I guess I can always push the AARP $15 PDP or Humana's $18 Walmart plan, it's just that seniors bitch about the deductible in January, no matter how many times I explain it in AEP.

anyone worked with Senior Advantage Agency WIN group

sell healthspring med advantage..any info greatly needed..:yes:

By far best ma plan overall is Humana in E Tn, especially Knox area. We are a top level IMO for all ma carriers in TN, so I know the plans pretty well around there. Feel feel to contact me if you like and I can share further.

Stay away from Senior Financial unless your OK with $150/$75 on new/rollover MA's and spending lots of gas money on a ton of poor quality pre set appts. Other then that they are nice folks.

is that the company called Senior Advantage Agency with Healthspring? WIN Group? preset appmts and no cost leads. they say because they are trying (healthspring) to be #1 instead of Humana..thanks..need no more $ moneys not now especially..sickness (serious) in family etc..

is that the company called Senior Advantage Agency with Healthspring? WIN Group? preset appmts and no cost leads. they say because they are trying (healthspring) to be #1 instead of Humana..thanks..need no more $ moneys not now especially..sickness (serious) in family etc..

run don't walk away little grasshopper.

Back