Newbie P&C Agent with MLS Experience Needs Advice...MedSup Brokerage Recommendations?

hanselgusman

I sold LTC, Life, Annuities and Med Sups from 2009 to 2013 and then took a job working for an MLS as their IT Administrator about an hour away so I could learn about Real Estate and meet new people. Due to the commute/family time ratio(2.5 hours a day total) I left the job and went to work for a local Property and Casualty Insurance Agency with the understanding that I would be handed the overflow they couldn't handle.

So far I've taken the class, passed the test and made my first sell. I have been handed about half a dozen quotes to run and emailed about 300 of the Real Estate agents I worked with over the past three years. About 70 of them responded and asked me to send them cards which I did and I have gone to a couple dozen of their offices to follow up. I think the fact that they are 40-60 miles away (and across a state line) might mean they don't refer anyone to me but it was worth a try. Right?

I plan on teaching a free CE class for the MLS that's closer to me to give Real Estate Agents(that I don't know yet) something of value and hopefully become a source for them regarding Residential and Commercial insurance. I figure 6-12 agents referring clients to me would keep me plenty busy. Any suggestions regarding this approach? I would also like to get the agency set up to offer Medicare Supplements and wondered if anyone had a suggestion for a good brokerage to use for Med Sups. We use a Life/LTC Brokerage but they don't offer MedSups. Any help to the newbie P and C guy would be greatly appreciated! I've got to have a good plan or I will go nuts:)

I work for Pinnacle Financial Services, where a lot of agents go direct for back office support. I just got a job selling commercial insurance, but for Med Sup business I would still recommend them.

800-772-6881 ex 7704

Brother I feel you. It is hard getting started. For Med Supp there is Americo. I can get you started. PM me or reach out. We are stronger, together!

Back