Newbie Questions .... NWML

ZenZeta

...so after 5 layoffs in 6 years in the Medical Device Industry, I have decided enough is enough and am looking to change careers.

My step father has been extremely successful in insurance (mainly LTC) and ALMOST has me convinced to give it a shot. Add that to a persistent recruiter, and you have the recipe for someone who could make a career move.

Here's my list of silly questions:

NWML- Captive or not? The recruiter specifically told me they were not, but posts here may indicate otherwise.

My step father (who is paying for my licensing) thinks it would be a good idea to fast track my training and try to get in on this years AEP (I think that's the acronym) season and grab some income while I get started at NWML. Is that do-able?

I am pretty realistic, and thankfully, I am getting Unemployment benefits until the end of the year which could provide me with a decent cushion of income while I get started in the business.

1) I will be happy with about 50,000 the first year. Is that a realistic goal?

2) NWML: Pros? Cons?

3) Independent or Captive just starting out?

I want the good, the bad and the ugly here. I've heard some people LOVE the business and some HATE it. I personally like the joy of the hunt when it comes to sales. I don't mind working the long hours. Usually, when I see the money come in, I work harder, and my past career was built on creative ways to get people to hear what you had to say.

I personally think I would be a good fit for this type of work, but want input from experts. Thanks!

...so after 5 layoffs in 6 years in the Medical Device Industry, I have decided enough is enough and am looking to change careers.

My step father has been extremely successful in insurance (mainly LTC) and ALMOST has me convinced to give it a shot. Add that to a persistent recruiter, and you have the recipe for someone who could make a career move.

Here's my list of silly questions:

NWML- Captive or not? The recruiter specifically told me they were not, but posts here may indicate otherwise.

My step father (who is paying for my licensing) thinks it would be a good idea to fast track my training and try to get in on this years AEP (I think that's the acronym) season and grab some income while I get started at NWML. Is that do-able?

I am pretty realistic, and thankfully, I am getting Unemployment benefits until the end of the year which could provide me with a decent cushion of income while I get started in the business.

1) I will be happy with about 50,000 the first year. Is that a realistic goal?

2) NWML: Pros? Cons?

3) Independent or Captive just starting out?

I want the good, the bad and the ugly here. I've heard some people LOVE the business and some HATE it. I personally like the joy of the hunt when it comes to sales. I don't mind working the long hours. Usually, when I see the money come in, I work harder, and my past career was built on creative ways to get people to hear what you had to say.

I personally think I would be a good fit for this type of work, but want input from experts. Thanks!

Hasn't this question already been asked in another thread?

Back