Newbie ( South Florida - Broward/Palm Beach County)

larileao

Hello,
I am 27 years old, living in FL and I am looking to become an insurance agent. I have been studying for the 2-20 online and from the little information I have gathered I will need to join a cluster group of something of the sort to be able to sell on my own once I am licensed if my plan is not to work under an agent.. I have been a CSR in the financial services industry for the past two years and I my plan is to own my own insurance agency consisting of P&C and LH. I have seen numerous threads on here as it relates to new agents and starting from scratch and I want to know how doable it is. Is this something I can start building while still at my current position ? I have many COI contacts and relationships that would really help in building up a book. Also, I am really interested in finding a mentor, I think it has been so difficult for me to find direction due to the fact that there is a lack of guidance on this subject. I have been searching for a mentor but I have not been successful.

So, if someone could please shed some light on all of this I would really appreciate it. And If there is anyone in South Florida willing to mentor I would appreciate it too.

larileao, I am glad to talk to you about your situation and give you some thoughts. If you want to talk to me, I can be reached through my website listed below.

Back